CHAPTER 1

"Are you ready for tomorrow?" My mom asked me, we're currently eating dinner, but the silence is deafening.

"I don't know mom, I'm still nervous, he doesn't look that kind" I said, making her chuckle.

"Yeah, I did heard some stories about him and his attitude. But I think you can handle him, you're the one and only daughter of the Sterlings, you're as powerful as our name. Just tell us if ayaw mo nang ituloy ang marriage, we'll cancel it." My mom told me, making me smile.

"No mom, it's okay, as long as he doesn't hurt me or anything." I answered, making her chuckle.

"You're too kind Finna, sometimes it becomes your disadvantage." My father joked, making all of us laugh.

My family is already enough for me, they are too sweet, except for my brothers ofcourse, they are Aliens.

I have 4 Older brothers, Kuya Cassian, Kuya Finnian, Kuya Elio, and Kuya Zane. Kuya Cassian is the Oldest among us, he's pretty intimidating and stoic, but he's a sweetheart underneath the ice.

Kuya Finnian is the second oldest, he's Intelligent and mature. He often chose to be left alone, but just like Kuya Cassian, he's a softie.

Kuya Elio is the playboy, I remembered him back in his highschool days where I was still in elementary. He would always introduce me to different girls every week and say that they're his girlfriends. He's the one who got married recently. His wife, ate Selene managed to tame him I guess, good for them.

And lastly, Kuya Zane. He's 2 years older than me, yet he's the most annoying creature in the whole universe. We often fight like cats and dogs, but on serious matters, he's also serious, especially when I get hurt. I remembered him telling a kid who bullied me before, that he's the only one who's allowed to bully me and no one else. I know he's sweet but he's still annoying.

Wala sila ngayon because they are all either busy with handling the family business, or married na, like Kuya Elio. So ang natira nalang na anak sa mansion is ako nalang.

The mansion feels empty without them, and I do felt kinda sad whenever I think of the good old days, when we were still young and walang inaalalang problema. The mansion that was once filled with laughter and joy, is now empty, na para bang unti-unting nawawala ang mga ilaw na once na nagbigay liwanag dito.

"AYANNN! Ang ganda mo talaga Madam, PAK NA PAK!" Sabi ni Marco--este Marie, ang gay na makeup artist that mom hired, while I stared at myself at the vanity table's mirror. Although he's noisy, he's pretty good at his job.

"Ang bongga! Kung pinili kong maging lalaki, baka niligawan na kita Madam! Pak! Siguradong maglalaway yang fiance mo Madam!!" Marie said, making me laugh.

"Dios mio Marie, ikaw talaga." I said while chuckling.

"Bakit naman Madam? Eh ang ganda-ganda nyo nga po, baka unang sulyap palang sayo ng fiance mo Madam, ayain kana nya agad mag honeymoon." Pambibiro ni Marie.

I was about to say something when my mom opened the door.

"Finna, hurry up. The Ashfords have arrived." She said as she gestured for me to hurry up.

"Yes mom, I'll just get my phone and a handkechief." I said and stood up from my chair. I grabbed my phone and a handkechief from the vanity table. I thanked Marie and his other staffs as I went out of the room.

As I walked down the stairs, I heard laughters coming from the garden. Probably the Ashfords and my parents.

I got extremely nervous, not knowing what might happen later. As I get closer to the garden, the more nervous I got. And finally I got to see our visitors.

There are three visitors, a middle aged man, who looks like he's at his mid 50s. A middle aged woman, who looks beautiful and is probably 40+. And a good-looking guy, who's possibly at his twenties. He's that guy, my soon to be husband, Alaric Maximilian Ashford.

He's way more handsome in person, and a lot taller too, probably about 6 feet tall. Nahiya yung height ko na 5'6.

They all noticed me and his parents greeted me with a smile.

"Oh there she is, I still can't believe that you've been hiding a princess from the hungry eyes of the public." His dad, Rowan Ashford, joked making everyone except Alaric laugh.

I went to the couple and greeted them, nagmano rin ako sakanila as a sign of respect, which most children don't do anymore.

"Well ofcourse Rowan, she's the first girl to be born as a Sterling after 4 generations. I should be more protective of her." My dad answered.

"You're so pretty naman Hija, bagay na bagay kayo ni Alaric, right son?" Mrs. Ashford said and gazed at her son.

Tumingin din ako sakanya and I saw him secretly rolling his eyes. Aba, ang attitude. He didn't respond to his mother's question and remained silent.

"A pleasant day Mr and Mrs. Ashford, and also to you Alaric. I'm glad that you guys were able to come here." I greeted them

"No worries sweetie, and just call us Tito and Tita, it's way better." -Mr. Ashford

"Anyways, you all might be hungry, let's eat since it's lunch time na." My mother said. They all agreed, but before they could walk, Alaric went towards me and handed me a bouque of roses.

"Flowers for you, Ms. Sterling." Alaric said as he handed me the flowers. He suddenly lean closer to my ears.

"Just so you know, this doesn't mean anything, so don't expect anything from me. The upcoming marriage is just arranged, so don't set your expectations too high." He whispered coldly and looked at me with a sharp glare.

I could already tell that he hates me, and I just knew that he wont go easy on me.

Jusko