At Least

We are suddenly walking in the corridor on the ground floor of our school building. We are together. I walked, feeling a sense of awkwardness and uneasiness, realizing you were holding my hand. At first I thought that you'd hold the wrong hand by the moment we left our classroom.

But. We have been walking for about 15 minutes now, yet you still clutch my hands with yours, your hands with calloused fingers, and your soft palm with lines that meet at different edges.

And I mean it. It's awful.

I don't know what to do. Would I feel the hotness of your palm or get rid of his hands that are never meant for me to hold? Hold or not... hold or not. Hold or not... Then behold the great bulb of gold appeared!

OK. Let's just hold on.

You are walking too fast. gosh. I am finding it hard to catch my breath. Then suddenly, you stop.

'What's wrong? Why did you stop? ' . I thought

I couldn't express the agitation I am slowly feeling. How the crowd's look kills me inside, how your friends are teasing you, saying...

' Hey man, what are you doing with that weirdo? '

Well, Yes. I'm a weirdo. My classmates even call me 'Bugs Bunny' or 'Bun' or 'Bob' (as in SpongeBob). Why? Why me? You can choose Mae, the school muse, or Joana, the school's cheerleader. Gosh. Honestly, they are goddesses. Me? Carrot lover, square pants... with nothing to be proud of but... nothing at all.

You then take your place upon the chair beside us, where the whispers of conversation from the crowd intertwine... from your friends. Are you sure they are your friends? and from mine... Oh!

What's up, Liss?  Liss is my BFF. We are classmates from grade school till now. Though she sometimes teases with my millions of crushes I shared with her... BFF indeed.

You then talked.

'Everyone! I stand beside someone who is silent. Though she may not shine in the eyes of others, to me, she is my everything, a quiet light in my world.' You paused.

She has always been there for me. I know that she's no special... She's never special for you, but for me, she's... she's... '

SILENCE. That was all that I'm hearing. Gosh. I wanted to cry. All my life. At last.

The heavens had finally heard all the prayers I prayed, all the wishes I thought, all the pains I'd hide, all the words I couldn't pronounce. like ANEMONE.. I had a trauma with that word. I almost lost my recess.. It's pronounced as 'Uh-nem-o-nee.'

'Uh-nem-o-nee'

He's going to say it... YES! He's going to say it.

♫♫One step closer

I have died every day waiting for you.

Darling, don't be afraid.

I have loved you for a thousand years.

I'll love you for a thousand more...♫♫

A Thousand Years by Christina Perri

The 8-letter word of love, the theme of most sonnets of Shakespeare, the motif of most's Taylor Swift's lyrics, the story that keeps most people awake...

I....

Honestly, I'm shouting in my thought...'aaaaahhhhh!!!! '

LOV—-

—-------------

"Hey! hey! "Wake up You'll be late now in your class."

My eyes fly open at dawn, flooded with harsh light, igniting a surge of adrenaline as the day looms ahead, alive with unpredictable possibilities.

"Get in the shower now! Move it. Why did you sleep late. Sheesh! "

A dream. That was all.

It.Was.All.But.A.Dream.

But at least we were together in my... dream... at least.

AT LEAST.

#atleast...