Chapter 3: Tension on the Road

The car rumbled softly beneath them as the night settled in. In the backseat, Austin and Brando exchanged small talk, passing snacks and laughing softly. Xander sat in the front passenger seat, his mind wandering as Joseph kept his hands steady on the wheel. The miles flew by, but the weight of what had happened the night before lingered in the air.

Xander's eyes flickered to Joseph, catching the side of his face illuminated by the dashboard's soft glow. There was something unsaid, hanging between them, something neither was willing to acknowledge just yet. But the glances they exchanged in the rearview mirror held a promise.

They stopped at a diner for a quick meal—burgers and fries—and the conversation remained light. Xander's shoulder brushed Joseph's as they laughed at a joke Brando made, but the touch felt different, lingering in Xander's thoughts longer than it should have.

By the time they checked into a small motel that evening, the tension had become almost palpable. They split off into two rooms—Austin and Brando in one, Xander and Joseph in the other.

Xander tossed his bag onto the bed, trying to relax. "Long day," he muttered, kicking off his shoes.

Joseph leaned against the door, eyes drifting over Xander. "Yeah. But it was a good drive."

Xander walked to the bathroom, stripping down to his underwear in front of Joseph as if it were the most natural thing in the world. But there was a shift in the air when Joseph's gaze lingered. Xander felt his skin heat under the attention, but neither of them said anything.

"I'm gonna take a quick shower," Xander said casually, and Joseph nodded, trying to act unaffected.

The sound of the water running was the only noise in the small motel room, but Joseph's mind was elsewhere. He couldn't help but think about the sight of Xander's body—toned, muscled, his skin glistening slightly from the moisture in the air. He tried not to focus on it, tried not to acknowledge the way his pulse quickened.

When Xander came out, towel wrapped low on his hips, his wet hair dripping, Joseph couldn't avoid the sight. His body looked incredible, and the air between them felt thick with the unsaid. Xander smirked slightly, aware of Joseph's stolen glances, but said nothing.

"So, what's on TV?" Xander asked, grabbing a remote from the nightstand as if he hadn't just made the entire room feel a hundred degrees hotter.

Joseph flipped through the channels absentmindedly until they both paused on a late-night adult channel. Neither moved to change it. Instead, they both sat quietly, the erotic scenes playing out before them. It was awkward at first, both trying to act like it was no big deal, but the tension in the room skyrocketed.

Joseph shifted on the bed, glancing at Xander. "They really don't hold back, huh?"

Xander chuckled, but his laugh was strained. "Yeah, guess not."

As they watched, the atmosphere shifted. What started as harmless jokes about the porn slowly turned into something else. Joseph could feel his body reacting to the scene on the screen, and when he looked over, he saw Xander fidgeting, too. Both of them were aroused, and it became impossible to ignore.

Joseph's hand moved down to adjust himself, his bulge evident through his jeans. "This is getting ridiculous," he muttered under his breath, glancing at Xander.

Xander felt his own arousal stirring, his body betraying him. "Yeah, no kidding."

The conversation slowed, and after a moment of silence, Xander looked directly at Joseph. "What do you think about... kissing another guy?"

Joseph raised an eyebrow, intrigued by Xander's straightforwardness. "You mean... us?"

Xander nodded, his pulse quickening as he gauged Joseph's reaction. "Yeah. I mean, no pressure. Just curious."