Prologue

I often find myself standing at the edge of the ice rink, my heart pounding like a drum as I watch the skaters glide effortlessly across the surface. Ang lamig ng hangin sa loob, at ito ang nagbibigay ng kaibahan sa init ng araw sa labas. This place is my escape, my sanctuary away from the chaos of school and the endless chatter of expectations. Here, on the ice, I can be whoever I want, kahit sandali lang.

Every Saturday, I lace up my skates and step onto the rink, feeling the familiar rush of adrenaline. The sound of blades slicing through ice, the laughter of my friends echoing around me-it all melts away the pressures that weigh me down. I love the way the cold air feels against my cheeks and how, in those fleeting moments, I can forget about the mundo sa labas.

But lately, things have changed. Nathaniel Louis Trinidad, the golden boy of our school, has entered the scene. With his charming smile and effortless charisma, he seems to draw everyone in, leaving me feeling like just another mukha sa crowd. I've watched as my friends swoon over him, and I can't help but roll my eyes. "Ugh, anong big deal?" I mutter under my breath, even as a part of me is curious about the person behind the image.

Skating used to be my way of tuning everything out, but now I find myself distracted by thoughts of him-wondering what it would be like to be seen by someone like Nathaniel. I push those thoughts aside. I'm not here to get swept up in high school drama or the latest crush; I'm here to reclaim my joy and find my own rhythm.

As I step onto the ice today, I remind myself that I'm Crizzha Gabriel Nieva. I won't let anyone define who I am or what I can be. Each glide is a promise to myself-a promise to skate freely, laugh loudly, and embrace whatever comes my way. Because deep down, I know this journey is just beginning, and I'm ready to face it, one skate at a time.