Prologue

War never officially ends. At least, not in Azdon. Magic is not something to be meddled with. It is not something to be effortlessly controlled, yet creatures strive to be that one creature who is in control of everything. They strive for power and will scheme and kill to possess it.

600 moons parallel; The Blood moon.
The Ice Kingdom is as mysterious as it gets. Every ruler was quiet yet cold. None of them spoke upon matters that didn't involve them. They never cared. For eons, the Ice Kingdom was isolated from the outside world. No one knew why but many rumored that they were working with the Dark magic. Maybe it was their way of gaining control of Azdon. Making the other nations bow at their disposal. But, that rumor soon went away when the birth of a new royal baby came upon the kingdom.
The baby was born on the rarest occasion. The Blood moon. The occurrence of the Blood moon is spontaneous. No Azdonian nor creature on Azdon can predict when the next Blood moon would occur.

Well, I wouldn't say every creature. The Manthorpian Serpent always knew, it was the one who created the blood moon. When the blood moon occurs, the serpent awakens and draws the moon closer to Azdon. Its power feeds on the moon's light, which causes the moon to turn red. When the serpent gets renourished, its power then releases upon Azdon. Magic comes to life and flourishes all around, creating the most magical event of the whole year or the whole decade, or millennium. Whenever it comes. But as the blood moon came upon Azdon, so did the birth of the only heir to the throne of Ice. As the royal princess came into the world, a portal of blue light blazed among them.

As the light diminished, a dragon of cold fire appeared before them. Its scales shimmered in dark ivy, and its spikes glowed of cold fire. Its tail was slim and slender with tail fins bigger than a mermaids'. As for the wings, it was as misty and as transparent as the fog in the morning hours but as vigorous as the winds of the most powerful hurricane. The Manthorpian had appeared before them.

Everyone froze at the sight of the Serpent. From the Monarchs and guards to the Nurses and Maids. None of them dared to move an inch. Silence plagued the room. Except for the baby crying hysterically as it was held in its mothers arms. Step by step, the serpent moved closer to the bed where the Queen held the princess. Its swift tail slashing back and forth. Its Serene blue eyes gleamed down at the princess. Now bowing its head, it nudged the princess slightly. White light beamed around the baby, causing everyone to avert their eyes. The light moved all around the room causing a shift in the room's appearance. Every remnant of the room was gone. The only people who remained were the King, Queen, and the baby.

There was a great void of white light surrounding them. Completely untouchable. Soon after, a figure appeared before them. A stone of diamond, frozen cold to the touch. Streaks of white ran through the light blue rhombus structure. Gray mist rolled toward the stone diamond. Then the gray mist transformed into 6 Azdoian figures. 4 men and 2 women now stood in the middle of the void circling around the blue stone. Each of them resembled the six pureblooded family lines of Azdon. The start of each elemental kingdom in Azdon. Now fading, only two of them remained. Aisi, The first King of the Throne of Ice and Marina, The First Queen of the Throne of Water. Energy surged through the clouded figures and rammed into the Diamond stone. Bright light came from the stone then, in one swift movement it tore through the void and went straight for the princesses chest. As soon as it had contact with her pale, fragile skin, the stone diamond disappeared and blue power surged through her veins. Outlining each and every one of them. As the power dimmed, the princess was left with a mark on her right shoulder. A snowflake, half ice, half water.

The King and Queen were starstruck. No words could describe the awe and worry that they felt. No one has ever experienced something like that before. In turn, no one has ever been born on a blood moon either. Thereafter, the void disappeared along with the Manthorpian. The room returned to normal, and moonlight succeeded through the window striking the bed with a harsh glare. Without much thought, the Maids and Nurses took the princess to assess her to make sure she was healthy. Then and there, the Monarchs, decided to keep everything they had sought to themselves. And to hide the princess as much as they could until they figured out what the Manthorpian had shown them