Introduction

Hi, my name is Bailee, Bailee Madison. I am a young girl about to start Secondary school. I grew up an American but I now live in the UK. I am someone that doesn't want to wait until I get into year 9 to choose what I want to be as I already know. I want to change peoples lives for the better. I want to become an actress.

***

"Come downstairs honey... you don't want to be late for your first day!" Mum called from the kitchen. I raced downstairs, very excited.

It was my first day of school.

My mum was an okay kind of person, I guess. She gets angry quite a lot, but, to be honest, I'm lucky to have her. After all, she is my mother.

We don't really have that mother-daughter connection we should have and I'm used to it. I shouldn't be, at least that's what my friends back home told me...

I grabbed my school bag and headed out of the door, not forgetting to yell "Goodbye" to my mother. My father died when I was four so I don't really remember him. I walked to school on my own for my first day in hope of making new friends.

***

It was only a five minute walk but it felt like forever because of all the thoughts spinning around my head as well as the hope, excitement and adrenaline running through my veins.

Wondering what was yet to come, I strolled through the school gates... and you wouldn't guess what I saw...