Frozen

The picture is Annabella's locket <3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Annabella's P.O.V)

I look around the Hermes's cabin. Many people are chatting in their bunks, but all eyes suddenly come to me when the twins pull me in.

"Alright guys! We got a new one! Don't steal her stuff!" Connor... or was it Travis? Well, one of them announces to the cabin.

They show me to a bottom bunk in the back, I sit down and they leave to tend to whatever camp stuff they have to do.

I sigh, turning the locket that rests on my chest, over and over in my hands. It was my father's, a gift from my mother. I realize that the cabin was empty once I come out of my thoughts. I stay still looking out the window. I figured they would come get me if I really needed to be anywhere.

Small snowflakes had begun to fall, I smile, but my emotions betray me and a tear rolls down my cheek.

"Mi Manchi" (I miss you) I mumble, opening the locket and looking at a picture of my father, same blonde hair, scruffy beard, shining chocolate eyes. He had always said I had gotten my pretty looks from my mother, but the way he described her sounded ethereal, like she was too pretty to be real.

I get up and walk out, as the cabin was getting quite warm. I smile as the cold winds hit my face, blowing my blonde hair out of my face.

I keep walking until I find the dock, sitting down and hanging my feet over the edge, careful not to let them touch the water, knowing what would happen.

Footsteps sound behind me and I see a figure sit next to me. I turn to see Leo, looking out at the lake. "It's pretty chilly out here isn't it?" He asks, looking at me suspiciously.

(Leo's P.O.V)

I had to find out if the rumors were true... If she was really Khione's daughter. Everybody had seen what she had done to that hell hound.

   I see my chance and sit next to her on the dock. "It's pretty chilly out here isn't it?" I ask, looking over at her. "Not really, it's actually pretty warm" She answers with a straight face. Was she serious? It was like -20 out here?!

"I heard you froze your home town, is that true?" I know I shouldn't ask it, but Chiron had asked me to. After looking through the archives to see if she had a satyr guide, he found everything that had happened. What she did next surprised me.

(Annabella's P.O.V)

I immediately stand up after the question is asked. "How could you ask that?!" I yell enraged. He scrambles up from the dock and scoots toward the grass.

Tears roll down my cheek at I scream curses at him. Sobbing as well. Other campers gather around and watch the screaming match between him and me. I thought I could handle talking about it, but apparently it still haunted me to my core.

"It was just a question!" He yells back, "Did you, or did you not, freeze your home town?!" He was calmer now, but still tense. He pauses for a minute, as if to think. After a minute, he looks back up at me, slight regret in his eyes.

"I bet it was all. your. fault."

I freeze at that, the anger building up inside of me. I couldn't control it anymore, ice begins to form around my balled up fists and my feet. I see the faces in the crowd turn from excitement to fear.

I was so angry, "IT WASN'T MY FAULT... It wasn't my fault" I say, putting my head in my freezing hands and cry. Between my fingers I see a light blue haze surrounding me. I look up to see a symbol of a snowflake.

I watch the crowd and see everybody either taking steps back or staying frozen in fear. I was trembling, not from the cold, but from the scared stares.

Chiron walks up to me and guides me to the big house. What's going to happen now?... They were going to kill me, just like they threatened in Italy, I just know it...