You Make Me Feel Wanted

Never in my life have I known a celebrity.

Never in my life did I think I would know one.

But that summer, that summer when he came to my small town of Norwalk, Ohio to play at our fair, I would meet a celebrity.

His name was a name known to many. He was a Louisiana native, deep Cajun roots. All the girls swooned over him. He was just. Just. Perfect. He couldn't help being perfect, but he just was. I guess he thought the same about me.

He was Hunter Hayes. Yes, that Hunter Hayes. Wanted, Storm Warning, all of that, he was that Hunter Hayes. Thee Hunter Hayes. You would look at him and instantly know that he could have anyone he wanted in the whole entire world at the drop of a hat. Out of all those girls at the concert, of all the girls in the world, Hunter Hayes chose me.

Berkley Aimes. Nineteen years old, born and raised in Norwalk, Ohio. I knew everyone, all my neighbors and that's the way I liked it. I was raised to trust the Lord, that He is my Savior, forever and always. I was raised to keep my elbows off the table and phone in my purse at the dinner table, never to talk with my mouth full and always take my shoes off when I enter some else's home, even if they say I don't have to.

Auburn hair, dark brown eyes, skinny as a twig with sharp curves and wide hips. Not to brag, but my clothes complimented me just right. Maybe those cut-off jeans, pink flannel with a white tank top, and my riding boots fit just right that night and that's why Hunter chose me.

Let me tell you how it all started.