Chapter One Happy Birthday Exodus

Chapter One: Happy Birthday Exodus

It's been a year since my memories came back, and since I gave birth to Alessandro and I's beautiful baby girl who we'd named Exodus America Contario. Today just so happens to be her birthday. She's turning one, and I have my hands full right now trying to get her dressed. Everything was ready and set up for the party the guest are set to arrive soon. Exodus to our surprise is a fast learner she's already saying words, and few decent sentences like "How is Buddy" she's referring to her baby brother. I'm only about 3 months along, but she's constantly asking to touch buddy to make sure he's still there. It warms my heart that she already cares for her brother this much. Sometimes before nap or bed she will ask me to get in with her so she can be close to her brother. By the time i managed to get exodus dressed some guest had already started to arrive. As soon as I placed her on the floor she took off screaming "DADDY!!" with little warning Exodus launched herself from the patio deck and into her daddy's arms, I breathed a sigh of relief when he caught her. As soon people saw Exodus they immediately began to coo at her. Did I mention she loves when everyone's eyes are on her. But she's my baby girl and I love her. 

All of the guest had arrived and were now socializing. I had been surveying the yard when Alessandro came up from behind and nuzzled my neck and wrapped his arms around my waist. " What's wrong Cara Mia?" he asked I replied with a contented "nothing" so far everything had been great and nothing could bring me down until Exodus's high pitched scream rang out and echoed through the yard and turning every eye to her.

"Exodus" Aless and I both shouted as quickly as possible we made our way to her.

"Someone was looking at me!" Tears rolled down her cheeks.

"Where?" Aless asked searching the yard for any danger.

"Bye the Trees!" I quickly grabbed the piece of paper that was in her trembling hands before wrapping my arms around her.

I quickly read the note it read.

We're Coming

In Blood red ink

"Aless please be careful" I said looking frantically around for any sign of movement.

I watched as Aless whole body became rigid,

"Aless" I whispered

"Get everyone inside, we need to leave." He ordered but he remained where he stood. 

"Aless please, what is it?" I stepped closer and looked over his shoulder.

A scream fell from my mouth as  I saw the eyes of Aless's father staring back at me, lifeless and bodiless. Beside the decapitated was another head Aless's mother.

"We need to leave, now." Aless dragged me away as my eyes remained transfixed on the horrific scene in front of me.

I stood silent as Aless pulled our scared daughter into his arms. I looked down at the note I still held in my hands I now knew why his parents hadn't shown up and what the note was written in Blood. That was all it took before my world went dark.