1. Escape

Author's Note: "Hey, I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm in the middle of rewriting some of my old chapters so that I can fix a problem. I wanted to fix it before I got to far along in the story, I hope you guys don't mind! I'll make sure to keep a copy of the original if you guys REALLY want to read it. Anyhoo, thanks for reading!  -Kathryn

The sun was high in the sky, and the birds sang into the breeze from their perches in the swaying treetops. An old dusty road swerved through the countryside at the western edge of a kingdom known as Geldar. The road was barren, but for a young redheaded girl traveling by herself to the village just over the next hill.
She was rather small, but could hold her own in a fistfight. She was no older than 17, but her stark blue eyes were as fierce as any trained apprentice.
Her fiery red hair was shockingly long and made her seem like a princess in disguise. It flowed from her forehead to her ankles, and brushed her legs as she walked, even though she had tied it neatly at the back of her neck before making her day's travels.
"I must escape" she thought.
"I must find somewhere they can never find me."
She quickened her pace.
She hoped this town was small, secluded, and unknown to the king.
Brondale.....
She had heard the name from a man in a village a day's walk away. It lay near the Bron river which was prone to flooding, and had a massive waterfall that raged in the distance.
"The noise must turn people away." She concluded.
"Good, the village should be small"
She told herself, but she was still worried about the chances of being found, and she took everything around her into account: Beautiful landscape, large grain fields, tall trees, and the distant roar of the Bron Falls.