Finding You {Niall Horan Fanfic}

•~Finding You~• 

The smell of burning rubber instantly filled my nostrils as I shot my eyes open to the most horrific scene playing out in front of me. 

"MOM!" I scream running towards the burning door, smoke filling my lungs making it hard for me to breathe. 

I stumble across the hallway, towards my mother's bedroom door, surrounded by the bright and burning fire. I watch as dancing colours of red,yellow,and orange eat away at the wooden frame of her door; the only thing that separated the two of us. There was no way of getting around it, so I had no choice but to run out and find help. I whispered one last thing to my mom, clutching the necklace that held my childhood memories with her before running out the front door and screaming for help. My throat hoarse, I scream to no avail . The smoke burning my insides, I begin to consistently cough, falling to the ground before my house. The burning wood in front of me was once my house, my home, and somewhere inside was my mother, the one who helped create my memories. I feel the warm tears begin to roll down my cheeks, and before I know it, my back's against an unfamiliar hallway wall and a police is placed in front of me to begin an interrogation. Flashes of yelling, water, smoke and the sound of fire trucks fill my mind. I'm oblivious to the questions being asked of me, and I can see the police man growing frustrated with me.  

My head hurt, and I wanted to go home.  But of course,  I have no Home.

How much more can I tell him but the fact that I woke up to my house on fire, sure of the fact that my mother was in her room?  

"Ms.Horan?" I heard my name being called. 

I lift my head from between my knees and my eyes meet a young female cop's tired-looking expression,"yes?" 

I can see the hurt and sorrow in her eyes, like this has been said and done before, yet she still hasn't adjusted to giving off information as she's about to now. 

I flash her a weak smile, encouraging her to speak, but also ensuring her that I can take in whatever she has to tell me. 

"We got a call from the hospital, and they gave me some choices for you."  

My face twisted in confusion,"choices?" I ask.  

She continues,"You can either let her rest now, or have her go through an amputation to see if it makes her condition any better."  

Amputation? Is this how far it's gotten? I make the choice now, let her die peacefully or live in pain.  

"Can I see her first?" I inquire, my voice shaky."then let her rest tonight?"  

The officer nods, taking my Hand in hers,"sure honey. Let me just inform the doctor of you decision."  

She gives my hand a light squeeze before letting go and disappearing through a doorway.  

She comes back minutes later,  

Motioning for me to follow her. 

I get off the floor, dusting my backside before following her into the night. I have nothing but a pair of denim shorts and a worn out t-shirt on, going into the cool night. She drives me to the hospital, letting me go my own way towards my mother's assigned hospital room. I push open the door, afraid of waking her in case she was asleep. The nurse informed me that she wasn't, but she might have fallen asleep of boredom.  

"Mom?" I whispered. 

I stepped in, walking towards the bed. I see an aged face turn to face me, my mother's smile weak and I could tell she was in pain.