Prologue

They cannot live. Their existence simply cannot continue. They are a danger to the human race.

They must be wiped out.

Those are the thoughts that echo in his mind as he approaches her. He spares a wry smile; it is almost too easy, child's play. But one cannot afford to get carried away - he must not underestimate his enemies. They may not look like much, but appearances can be deceiving.

The girl cowers as she sees him. She's younger than he'd expected her to be - five, maybe six years of age. Long, blonde hair flowing down to her waist. Rosey cheekbones and vivid green eyes. Lips that sing of innocence.

The hunter is not fooled. She must be erased.

The girl starts to sob. Flaming tears roll down her pale face, coating her placid skin with licks of dancing fire.

"Don't hurt me, please," she whimpers. "What are you going to do to me? Please, I really want my mummy."

Words mean nothing to the man. She is a danger to society. She must die.

His footsteps crunch on autumn's newly shed leaves as she approaches her. Slowly. He must be careful. A mistake in this situation would cost him his life.

A sliver of moonlight beams through the canopy above the hunter, coating the forest in an illuminescent glow.

The girl screams.

Searing flames erupt from her finger tips. She can't control it - those are always the most dangerous ones; unpredictable and unruly. She must be eradicated. Before it is too late.

He can feel the heat scorching his finger tips, but he is trained to ignore the pain. An unstoppable killing machine - an assassin, but also a protector of mankind.

The man grips his knife with a deadly precision. It's nothing special - just a plain, old, steel knife - but it does the job, and that's all he needs it for. He zooms in on his target. Nothing could make him miss now.

Three.

Two.

One.

Another life blinks and is gone.

One less pest in this fly-ridden world.

_________________________________________________

Hey guys!!! So I've started a new book (obviously.) I've had this idea for a while, but am only just putting pen to paper now. The prologue is pretty crappy and I promise it'll get better. I'm just really tired right now... Please stick around and remember to vote and comment. Also read my other book (Mist) because every read is appreciated.

Byeeee