The Day

As the crew slowly started to filter into the studio to shoot this morning's episode of GMM, Rhett and Link started talking about what was going to happen that day.

'Rhett, before we start filming can we... um talk?' Link asked the larger man rather nervously.

'Yeah, of course.' He knew exactly what the shorter man wanted to talk about. It was all that he had thought about since he had got up that morning.

'Well you know, how are we going to do it...' he stopped letting his mind catch up with what he was saying '... tell them about us' of course he was talking about one of the most dreaded moments in his and his bearded partner's life, coming out as a couple to their millions of fans.

Rhett was glad Link had brought this up. Not only was he extremely nervous about what the beasts would think, he had planned something special for Link that only he and a few of the crew members knew about. He had presumed that the majority of the fans would be happy and support their relationship, but his mind couldn't stop wandering to the few that would say that their love was unnatural or that they don't deserve each other. The older man knew that Link tried his best not to let the hate get to him that they and more specifically he received, as he was the most feminine of the two and he interrupted the other the most and some fans didn't think that was very nice of him. He also knew that some of the messages had really hit home to Link and pushed him close to the edge of self-destruction, and he was sure that the ones that they were inevitably going to receive would push him there again. He just had to hope that what he had planned for Link would act as a barrier to stop him from falling over the edge or at least provide something to land on if he did, in fact, fall.

'Well I was thinking that we could play the game we had planned, to guess the strange things that people have tried to get married to, then to deal out the delicious punishment and to spin the wheel to end off GMM. After that I would go and clean my face as we both know that I am going to lose.'

'So wait, we are going to come out to the GMMore audience?' Link questioned.

'Yeah, I thought that as they are the smaller of the two audiences that it would be easier to and they are the ones that are the most mythical as they put up with another 10 minutes of our craziness,' explained Rhett.

To Rhett's surprise, and a little to his own as well, Link answered, 'Sounds good and it seems like you have it all planed out.' Without another question, the conversation over. Until Rhett had asked Jen if she had everything ready for show, Link, after some time to think, questioned Rhett about this. 'You don't have anything strange planed do you, as you aren't usually this organised?'

Rhett paused for a moment before answering, 'Of course I don't.' He thought to himself if Link thought he was acting strange, he could just blame it on nerves.

Before Link could question him, they started to film that day's episode and it had appeared that all of their nerves from before vanished as their minds were distracted by the game they were playing. Everything went according to plan or at least the one that was spoken between them, till it came time for the delicious punishment, which was a lemon meringue pie to the face. Link had shoved it right in Rhett's face which made a stupid childlike grin appear on his face. But Rhett didn't find it so funny, if anything it looked like it had caused him some discomfort. As a result of this, he left the table only saying that he was going to wash his face.

Unknown to Link, this was part of Rhett's plan all along. Just as he had left the room, Link decided to spin the wheel, and as he did so, the studio lighting slowly started to dim. When Rhett returned to the room not long after, the room was almost romantically lit. This was also part of his master plan. When Rhett returned he was holding a small black velvet box, just out of Link's and the camera's sight. He gently moved the still spinning wheel and gracefully bent down on one knee. This was the moment that he was the most nervous for.

'Link, we've been brothers for over 30 years, lovers for almost a year and now I want you to be my husband.'

A small gasp and a few tears came from Link. He had known that Rhett was up to something, but not this.

Just as Rhett asked Link the question the wheel stopped spinning. Rhett tilted his head towards it, gesturing for Link to look at it. As he looked at the Wheel of Mythically, more and more tears streamed down his face.

Rhett whispered to him, 'Go ahead read out what it says.'

'Say YES'

And that is what he did.

-=+=-~~~-=+=-~~~-=+=-~~~-=+=-~~~-=+=-~~~-=+=-~~~-=+=-~~~-=+=-~~~-=+=-~~~-=+=-~~~
Thank you for reading.

Checkout the sequel wedding bells.

If you liked this please vote and comment how you think it can be improved.