Prologue

1832

The girl's features resembled an evergreen tree in winter.
Her deep, dark, green eyes, the tree. Her florecent, porcelin skin, the snow. The girl's straight brown hair had touches of red throughout it.
Her hair seemed to catch the cascading candle light at every opportunity, giving the hair a silky illusion.
The girl's small mouth and big eyes gave many people the immpression she was a naive child. Though anyone who truley knew her would look past that well kept facade and notice the fierce, hard glint in her cat-like eyes. Unfortunately,
no one knew the girl with the wide eyes and porcelin skin. Or if they did, they certainly did not understand her.
The young girl lived in an old mansion in the middle of the woods. Many wondered why the family of the young girl would isolate themselves from the outside world, but this family, which you will soon discover, was slightly different from the typical family.
The mother of this uncanny girl, an heiress to the estate, had the child's cimmerian eyes. Angelic and beautiful were some understating words to describe this woman. However exquisit, the woman's cold eyes stared you down as if you had wronged her.
The father, an art collector, gifted the girl with his shaded hair. Born in Europe, the man received many dark features. One feature included his cold heart. Many looked at this pecurliar family, the mother's cold eyes and the father's frozen heart, and assumed their only child was as dark as her father and as self-centered as her mother.
That, as you may already know, is not always the case. So people misunderstood the only child of that lonely mansion in the middle of the woods.
Little did they know, however, that for as minimal as that misunderstanding and unfortunate situation might have seemed, it carried a much bigger weight than anyone could have predicted.

End of Prologue