Chapter One

There are many things in life that appear to be unexplainable, and these may seem like an unbelievable truth. There came a time in my life in which I was capable of doing the unexplained. I was capable of venturing into the unexplored territories of our human potential.
    I was young and naive to have ever thought that I could harness this power on my own, however I was proven wrong. I was taught that playing with fire has the potential to end in the ashes of destruction, but if you give it an encouraging nudge, it can create a guiding warmth for the world.
    When I was only twelve years old I had discovered that I had the potential to do what is considered the impossible. The magic of the impossible, is the fact that nothing we do is truly impossible, however one only needs to exceed their limitations to proceed into the unexplained.
    The unexplained is a territory in which so many have yet to discover, so few have never even approached the boundaries of this territory. It is a place in which one can achieve power beyond recognition. Only a chosen few are allowed to witness this magical existence.
    Only those who have the capability to exceed the average of human potential. Only those who have courage and spirit beyond all measure. It is with honor that I am proud to say that I was chosen to harness this power, to be a light to defeat them darkness.
    It is scarcely known how much darkness our world possess's, however it is up to us, the chosen ones to defeat the darkness.
    The darkness possess's the souls of the corrupt, and damns them to a life of eternal grief and evil. This evil is present in our lives, surrounding us and yet it is scarcely seen by the common eye. This darkness is hidden in the shadows preying on the weak and measly.
    This darkness is our races bane. It is up to the chosen ones to try and spread hope throughout the world, to be the light necessary to shine in this shady moment in time.
    I will never forget the day that I was chosen to join the the chosen ones, however it did change my life in a most indescribable way. My life would never be the same from that moment on.

    It is extraordinarily dark this night, and rain is pouring down on the window, disrupting my view of the stars, as I could not sleep very well due to the stress of an important test the next day. I was in the sixth grade, and I never made the best grades, however I knew that if I truly wanted to I could be the top of my class.
    As each rain drop approached my window and embraced for impact, was a moment in which my fears were drawing ever so close. I had not studied for this test, but little did I know that something spectacular was about to make an impact in my life.
    I looked at my clock and it was only five thirty in the morning, and I was not supposed to wake up for another fifteen minutes. I decided to get out of bed to put on my clothes, and head downstairs to the kitchen to make some waffles because I was unusually hungry today.
    As I was heading downstairs, I heard my parents arguing with each other about something, but I couldn't make out the words. I moved a little closer, careful not to aware them of my presence, so I could hear.
    "He's not ready yet, he's just a little boy," my mom said.
    "If you keep avoiding the truth, he may never be prepared to approach his destiny."
    "We must wait until he's reached the age in which our people are chosen," my mom replied.
    Chosen for what, I wondered. What could I possibly be chosen for. I was always the last person chosen in gym class and recess, what could I possibly be chosen for, and what destiny is my dad talking about, am I destined to fail this test, and repeat sixth grade?
    "If we continue to wait, he may never be ready for what is to come."
    "Fine!," my mom huffed," but it will have to wait until after he's taken his test, he's got enough to worry about."
    What is going on, I thought, what are my parents so worried about telling me? I heard my parents footsteps shuffle towards me and I ran back upstairs and hid under my covers so they wouldn't know I was listening to their argument.
    It was from that moment on that my life would change, and I would have a destiny that one could only dream of, I was destined for wonderful things. I would one day become one of life's great mysteries, I would unlock my potential and use it to spread light in places conquered by shadow.