Chapter 3 (Birthday Bash)

Max struggled to get up every morning. Especially the days after the interview which forced the memory of her deaths to be remembered again. He forced himself to open his eyes  and in take the plain white walls that enclosed him. She hated the plain-ness of the room, said it didn't suit either of our personalities. Max always saw himself as a plain person, plain and common but she disagreed with his opinions. 

"Maxieeee you're not plain jeez. I don't fall in love with plain people." She would grumble removing her shirt ever so slowly.

"But baby I don't see it." Max groaned and then finally decided to eye his princess.

There she stood away from the bed fully undressed. Not a single clothing clinging on to her skin leaving her completely bare. She let her hands cover her belly and she lowered her eyes slightly indicating shame.

"Why the face princess?" Max asked getting up to face her.

"I'm not skinny as the other girls, my body is not that pretty to look at." She bit her lips.

Max chuckled and walked towards her. He slowly got down on his knees and he removed her hands from her belly. He let his lips trace over her white stomach that looked almost lifeless.

"Beautiful. So beautiful." Max murmured as he let his lips shower kisses on an area she wasn't proud of.

She stared at him, her eyes round from the shock of his loving abilities. She lowered her pupils to look at his hair and the corner of her lips tugged into a smile. She let her hands grasp on to his hair and she caressed his head.

"I love you." she whispered.

He brought his lips upward, trailing her body and made its way to her breasts. He let his lips first gently brush upon it before taking one of her brown nipples into her mouth. She threw her head back, her lips formed and oval shape and a sound of a moan escaped her oval shaped lips. He pulled apart and licked his lips and then finally looked her in the eye.

"I love you too." Max whispered back.

Max let out a soft breathe that pierced his lungs to escape. He decided to finally pull himself out of bed. He walked into the bathroom and pressed on the medicine cabinet before it flew open almost colliding with his face. He brought out his shaving kit and decided that it was time to shave. She hated hair on men. Hairful-ness she called it, claimed it hid a men's true beauty. He rubbed the white foam over his lower half of his face and then let the blade come over it and scrape it of. He eyed himself in the mirror and he could see a part of him missing. The part that disappeared when she did. His phone buzzed and he lept to answer it. 

"Maximus prime." A low deep jolly voice called out from the speaker of the phone

"Please do not call me that." Max harshly responded.

"Max, MAX i need you to be my wing man and come to a party with me tonight." He laughed nervously.

"Jest. I do not like parties, Jest. WHY must I accompany you?" Max hissed into the phone

"Because it's what she would have wanted man. You're destroying yourself. It's been two years and you barely talk to anyone anymore. That's not the Max we all came to love, not the Max she came to love." Jest whispered.

"One night. One party. I have to go, I've got an interview." Max sighed scratching his head.

"Atta boy. Alright. Do enjoy Maximus try to smile why don't ya?" Jest laughed shortly before he was cut of by Max hanging up on him.

"I'm just asking for space." Max grumbled.

Earlier Max had lied. He wasn't going for an interview, his book was already for certain going to be published. No he was going to her grave. He wanted to talk to her and even though he felt her every where it just seemed more realistic to talk there rather than in confinement which can delude people into thinking that Max isn't completely functionable.

Max dragged his feet across the hardened mud as he passed by each faded out grey tombstones. He kept dragging his feet until he reached the only tombstones that had lavenders spread all around it. He looked down at it and then he looked up at the sky. He pulled out a picnic mat from his bag and placed it on the ground. He brought out a photo of her back in high school from his wallet and stared at it before he began to speak.

"You know Jest invited me to a party again. This time it's different though, this time I have actually agreed to go. You know what's funny? I was about to walk in the bathroom and I swear it felt that I walked into you showering again. I ate instant noodles from a cup again since works been keeping me up. You know we were supposed to be expecting a kid by now. It was supposed to be you convincing me that babies are beautiful creatures and me disagreeing and stating that the baby would get nowhere near me until it was a child. Honestly I never wanted to have children but its what you wanted so I got used to the idea of having children. Even took a liking to it. But I always kept in mind that no child would be bearable if I did not have you with me." Max's voice broke into sobs but he didn't stop talking. "Life isn't bearable without you. You made it livable, you made me want to live."

Max stopped talking for a while and just stared at the photo of her. Her hair was all frizzed up, and she had a beautiful smile exposing her very large dimples. Her eyes squinted looking at the photo and in her hand she carried her bouquet. She was in her graduation gown and she looked so proud of herself for making it to the end of something she hated so much.

"Baby, for your birthday this year I was thinking maybe we could make room for a dog? How bout that huh? A big one too. It's going to be difficult choosing between a doberman and a German shepherd. I'm terrified of both. How about both? For you baby? Two Five this year huh? Big girl! You're supposed to finishing up your intern too this year. So think of it as one for your birthday and another for the completion of your intern. How about that? I have to go now princess, work calls. You know how busy we get in the summer, running a business and all. I love you so much." 

Max kissed his two fingers and brought down the two fingers to her grave. He stood up and stumbled to his car once again.