Condoms

Condoms. The Health Services room was loaded with free condoms. Well, not anymore considering that Camila had well over fifty shoved into her backpack. Why would Camila steal several handfuls of condoms from Health Services? Because she could. So she did.

It was also likely a result of the consistent boredom that came with being a college sophomore. Camila needed some excitement in her life, newfound excitement that didn't come from online interviews featuring One Direction.

She completely forgot why she went to the student clinic in the first place. She sure as hell didn't go with the intention of thieving dozens of male contraceptives.

Camila hadn't even realized that her legs had begun sprinting through the medical annex when she reached into her pocket to fetch her phone. Her bag was slung haphazardly over one shoulder, kept slightly ajar due to the rush she was in. She pressed the button on the side of her iPhone, turning it on, and opening a recent conversation left with a familiar freshman.

The literature major found herself grinning as she was trying to find the words to describe the situation she was in to her friend.

Camila: hey China Jane

Camila: i have condoms in my backpack

Camila: we're gonna do something with them

Camila: that came out wrong

Camila: they're not for you

Camila: or me

Camila: they're for the both of us

Camila: but not in that way

Camila: i'll explain later

Camila: text me when you get out of class

The sophomore stopped in front of her room, lifting her bag with an agile move, then reaching in to fish for her key. She was working so hard on her search that she didn't notice a silver wrapper slip out.

Camila chuckles to herself at the thought of almost one hundred condoms and using them in every way possible except for their intended use. It's totally stupid, but it's totally something Camila would do. Just like how her ideas of spending her weekend consisted of her staying up all night to listen to One Direction's new album in her pink footsie pajamas.

"Hey, I think you dropped something." A low, raspy came from behind her.

The young writer, caught off guard by the stranger's sudden introduction, dropped the keys and, in an attempt to pick them up, found the rest of her stash spilling out of her bag and onto the tiled floor.

Shit.

The stranger leans smoothly onto the wall beside her, nearly forcing Camila's heart to jump out of her chest. Where the hell did she even come from? Camila could have sworn the hall was empty and dead silent a second ago. "Someone's got an active sex life."

The girl's eyes try to catch hers, but Camila is too busy trying to shove the pile back in her bag to reciprocate the gesture.

"UH. NO," Camila grinned stupidly. "I MEAN," she added, bent over the pile with none of her muscles motivated to move. She kept her head down, eyes fixated on the condoms.

"YEAH, THAT'S MINE. THEY'RE MINE. BUT IT'S NOT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE. I DON'T EVEN NEED THEM. I'M GAY. WELL, BI. BUT I'M LIKE, REALLY GAY. ALSO, I'M STILL A VIRGIN." the sophomore girl responded, not really knowing what else to say in front of the slightly older, beautiful girl.

"Good to know?" The upperclassman laughed, giving her a flash of white.

Camila took her time taking in the stranger's appearance as she raised her head. She had a perplexed look - the kind where one eyebrow was arched and her nose was slightly scrunched up, pushing her cheeks closer to her eyes. Her eyes were bright and quirky. They're a shade of green that Camila knows she's seen hundreds of times before, but in this very moment, Camila cannot recall any of those times.