Chapter 20: Lewis

8 days. It's been 8 days. I stare at my ceiling at 1:30 wondering why Sammy left without reason. Was it me? Did I do something. The moon illuminates my room a silver color but it is still dark. I haven't left my room for 3 days and when I do I grab something to eat or go to the bathroom. I still lay here and stare, wondering. How could I have missed, that something had been bothering Sammy. God what'd I do wrong?

I feel my eyes droop and I feel the urge to puke coming but I push it down. I fall asleep and then find myself waking every hour from there. I wish to wake up by Sammy's side. I wish to kiss him again. I find that the little things about our relationship, are the things I miss the most. If only Emily were here to motivate me to quit moaning and groaning and go shopping or something. The next morning, I got up and grabbed a bowl of cereal and brought it back up into my room. I graduated 3 days ago and I as supposed to be looking into colleges but I was in no shape to begin searching. First of all, I had no clue what I career I wanted to even pursue. My mom and david come back from their honeymoon in 5 days and I wasn't sure how I was going to break the news of having a baby to them. I didn't even want to have it. Abortion? I have been pondering this and I know abortion shouldn't be an option but what if it's the only way? There's always adoption but im not sure if I want to carry this baby inside me for 9 whole long months, for nothing. I called Sammy again, not expecting an answer, and not getting one either.

I ran to the bathroom, shortly after finishing that bowl of cereal, and vomit. Same time as yesterday and the same time I will tomorrow. Then I continue eating, being as hungry as ever. I skipped work for 3 days now, and I had to go today. So I started getting ready. I was going to work a fairly long shift because im saving for college and such. I know my mom will happily pay whatever expense but I don't want her to. She just spent a ton of money on this wedding and her honeymoon. And soon a new house, because we are going to move.

The day was slow, not really busy. Nobody really came in. Gave me more time to worry about Sammy. I needed a distraction. Whatever it was I needed it.

"You look like you have a lot on your mind.." My co-worker said greeting me.

"Like you wouldn't believe.." I said.

"Lewis." He said placing his hand out in front of him waiting for me to shake.

"Leah." I said taking his hand.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked.

"Couldn't hurt.. Nobody seems to be coming in anyway.." I said.

"Yeah & don't worry I wont tell." He said and winked.

He seemed to be about my age and was pretty cute. He had short blonde hair and bright blue eyes. With a kinky but really cute smile. I've never actually seen him here before. But I needed some friends and maybe talking to somebody will make me feel better. I went on and told him about me and Sammy and then how he ran away.

"That's dumb.. Have you tried calling?" He suggested.

"Too many times.." I admitted.

"He just left?" He asked.

"Just like that." I said snapping my fingers.

"He will come back, probably, if he is smart anyway." Lewis said.

"I hope.. because im giving birth to his child in 8 months or so." I said.

"No way." He said jaw dropped.

"Im not that kind of girl, trust me. I have only had sex 3 times in my entire life and 2 out of 3 was with him." I said honestly.

"You didn't strike me as that kind anyway. What are you going to do?" He asked.

"Adoption, probably, I'm not really sure actually." I said.

"I'll take it." He joked smiling.

"You can have it if you want." I said.

I left a couple hours after that and me and Lewis talked the entire time. We exchanged numbers and I was glad I had met him. The next day, I couldn't work because I had a doctors appointment. When I arrived at the Doctors office I had to wait 15 minutes before I was called up. I filled out some paperwork, and waited anxiously. I hated the doctors and I always was so nervous when I came. when the doctor saw me she had me lay down on this bed and she checked me out. Took a normal physical and made sure I was healthy. Then she did an ultrasound. The baby was already 2 months old.

"I just want to make something clear, I don't exactly want this baby." I said honestly.

"Well you have options.." She said and listed the options I had already known.

"Im not sure yet." I said.

"Okay, your next appointment is scheduled for..." She gave me a date and a exit slip to show the secretary. I filled out some other paper work and left there fast. When I got home I just spent the rest of my time upstairs. Pretty much how I've spent these past couple of days. I went to work the next day and worked pretty late hours. I was driving home around 10 when my phone started ringing. I took my eyes off the road to see who was calling me.

Sammy

I couldn't even believe it but just as I grabbed my phone I drove through a red light and a truck slammed into the side of my car. Everything quickly went black but then I saw Emily.

"Emily?" I asked.

"You shouldn't be here." She said softly.

AN: I love making things suspensful.