Chapter 5 - Dreaming

Scott's POV

   After spending the rest of the school day with my kids, I went home with them. I helped Alex cook dinner. She wasn't an amazing chef, and neither was I. We usually just cook frozen and canned things like tonight. We put some fish sticks and fries in the oven and waited.

   I thought about Mitch the entire time. I lean again the back of my chair and smile.

   'He's so... Nice... And sweet. I'm sure that Alex will love him to death.' I smile widely to myself and hear the timer go off. I take out the food, smelling the same it always does. I set the table and my wife makes the plates. I look at her, feeling a bit strange. 'Something feels off..' I shrug it off and eat dinner with my family.
   Afterwards, I watched Spongebob Squarepants with Alex and the kids. I loved cartoons almost as much as love my family.

   When it was over we tucked my little Alyssa. "Goodnight princess." I kiss her little head and she happily says. "Goodnight Daddy!" I smile softly and turned off the light before quietly closing the door.

   Alex was watching me from the doorway of our room down the hall. She was wearing baby blue silk nightgown, which was my favorite. I bite my lip. I wasn't in the mood tonight, but I'll say that she did look beautiful.

   I go into the room with her and close our door. She immediately presses her body against mine, seductively saying. "I do love a big strong man.."

   I look her in the eyes and rest a hand on her hip. She smiles and I fight with myself to keep eye contact with her. She frowns and I frown, mentally yelling at myself for being such an idiot. She says. "Baby... What's wrong...?" I shake my head. "No no no... Nothing is wrong sweetheart..." She looks at me with a irritated look on her face. "Then why don't you want to look at me..?"

   I bite my lip. "It's just.. Alyssa really tired me out... I'm just not in the mood..." She nods a little. "Yeah... Okay.."

   I tilt here face up and kiss her lovingly. She kisses back with equal passion and we break apart after a moment. "I love you, Alexiana." She smiles. "I love you more." I smile. "Love you most."

   We climb into bed and I wrap my arms around her. She smiles and cuddles into me. We both begin to drift off into sleep and I dream again.

   I woke up to the sound of beautiful singing. I look around and get up from my bed. I think 'I must be dreaming again... I'm positive that it's Mitch's voice..' I make the bed and get dressed. I go downstairs and see him cooking at the stove. I look him up and down. 'He really is pretty for being a boy... He's so... Feminine...' I think.

   As he keeps singing and cooking, I go over to him and he looks at me. "Morning Scott.. Remember anything..?" I shake my head as I lean against the wall. "Morning. Nope."

   He starts scurrying around the kitchen to set the table and cook the food. He hands me some Starbucks. "Your sweet." I say as I sip it. He smiles widely. "Thanks." I smile softly. I think 'He's adorable... No he's not... Yes he his..' He finishes up and I say. "You cook?" He laughs. "Duh. Your an awful cook. Last time, you almost lit Avi's hair on fire." I blush slightly and don't question anything about who Avi is.

   He puts food on the table and says. "Sit down and eat, Scott. Im 21 and worrying about you won't make me any younger." He giggles. I roll my eyes and smile. I sit down and he starts cleaning up. "Sit down Mitch... You can do that later." He looks at me. "What..? You hate when I leave stuff out.." I blink. "Well... I don't really care.." He shrugs slightly and finishes cleaning. He sits down and sips his coffee.

   After a while, I noticed that Mitch wasn't eating anything. "Eat something." He shakes his head. "Im not hungry... I'm don't eat very much when I'm... Upset..." I frown. "Just eat something..."

   "No.." He mumbles and looks away. I put some scrambled eggs on my fork and say. "Open your mouth." He sighs. "Scott... I said I'm no-" I cut him off by shoving the fork in his mouth.

   I laugh and he pulls the fork out and swallows the piece. He smiles a little. "Idiot.." I smile and feed him about three more bites. "That's enough. I'm not hungry Scott." I sigh. "Pleeeeease?" I pout and he giggles. "Oh my god, fine." He eats some and says. "Eat the rest. Your going to get hungry to too fast if you don't finish." I roll my eyes. 'It's a dream, so who cares..'

   'Should I tell him that "he" isn't real..? No.. That would be too much for him.. He would be so upset...'

   I wake up for real and glance at Alex, who was laying on the other side of the bed. I smile.

   'Back to good ol' reality.'