They call it Puppy Love

What is this?!?! New story, YAY! It’s a hybrid puppy!niall Ziall fic! Because there isn’t enough Ziall stories and like no puppy!niall either! I hope you like it!

“Liam, I’ll be back later. Harry called; he wants to show me something. I guess it’s a surprise or whatnot,” Zayn called up the stairs of his and his flat mate’s apartment in the heart of London.

“Okay!  Do you want me to order dinner for tonight? Pizza sound good?” Liam called back as Zayn pulled his leather jacket over his Fruit of the Loom plain shirt.

“Yeah, I’ll be back soon,” Zayn called as he did a quick check of his reflection in the mirror in the hall before grabbing his keys and phone. He found his black Vans and slipped them on before heading out of the apartment and across the street to Harry and Louis’ flat.

He dodged a few speeding cars as he tried to cross the road to find out what had his friend so worried. One thing he wished for was to live on a street with a lower traffic count. Zayn really didn’t like to be woken up on the weekends to the sound of honking and squeaking tires.

Once his feet hit the side walk on the opposing side of the street he walked up to the flat’s door and knocked lightly. Zayn had his key privileges taken away when he’d sneak in in the middle of the night for a midnight snack.

“Zayn! I need your help,” Harry said casually. Zayn started to really wonder what the hell his friend had wanted from him.

“What is it?” Zayn asked confused.

“What is He,” Harry corrected pulling Zayn into the small apartment and pointed to the couch. “He was curled up in a ball on the front steps. I almost stepped on him when I went to get the morning paper,” Harry said. Zayn cautiously followed his curly haired friend to the other side of the couch for a better look.

He had to hold back a gasp when he saw something long and fluffy protrude from the tiny lad. “Um, Harry?” Zayn asked nervously as the string of fluff curled between the boy’s legs.

“I know, it moves. When I woke him up to tell him he needed to move he started to cry.  Told him he could come in and clean up but he just cried harder so I pulled him into the flat. You do know winter is hitting us full force. He hasn’t said a word or moved since he came in and Lou’s going to be home soon. I don’t need him yelling at me for trying to be nice,” Harry explained and Zayn nodded softly.

“He does have on a hoodie and a beanie, he wouldn’t have frozen. You should wake him up and tell him to head home,” Zayn said confused why he was pulled into this mess.

“When I went to shake him he freaked out and started to cry. I think he’s afraid or something,” Harry hissed, annoyed his friend wasn’t thinking of a way to get the stranger out of his house.

“I’ll try but I don’t know what you think a difference it will make,” Zayn huffed and advanced toward the curled up boy. Zayn wasn’t able to see the young boy’s features from where he was standing. He was covered in a baggy gray sweatshirt with a black beanie, both pulled over his head so you couldn’t see any hair on the boy. His face looked somewhat frightened as he slept. He almost felt bad for having to make him up.

“Uh, dude, you got to get up. Your mom must be freaking out,” Zayn said loudly trying to wake the boy without touching him away. Much to his dismay the boy stayed curled up, his eyes hooded. Zayn let out a sigh and gently nudged the young teen to wake him up. The boy sprung up causing him to fall onto the floor. He quickly scrambled to get up.

Zayn’s eyes widened when his eyes landed on the boy’s terrified face. He had the bluest eyes Zayn had ever seen in his life, way too beautiful to be clouded over with fear.