Chapter Two: Brian's P.O.V.

Staying over at Jeordies last night was really nice, his parents were out of town so we could smoke in his backyard. And it's pretty much a forest, he's right on the edge of town. Kid's really cute...

"Hmm...Cute..." It's like I'm tasting the words out in my mouth, and there sure as hell not bitter. Jeordie? Cute? No. I have a girlfriend, Jesus. I scrape my fingers on my scalp and through my black wet hair, partly rinsing the shampoo out, and partly trying to rid these thoughts from my head. Is she really my girlfriend though? Not really, and I don't really like her all that much... She's just kind of.. The only other one like me in the school I guess. Maybe it wouldn't be that bad if I liked a boy. My thoughts float back to my night at Jeordies. He is just so petite and adorable I want to scoop him up in my arms and kiss his whole body. It was really relieving when he told me about what happened when I found him with the shit beat out of him. He said this guy Derick has been beating him up for a while, and I said that I wouldn't let it happen again. He didn't open up about the cuts, and I didn't ask, but we both know I saw them. I get it if he doesn't want to talk about it, I mean, I've gone through times like that and can understand if he is not ready. I just wonder what the bruises are from, probably Derick.

By now the water is cold and I hop out of the shower. Wrapping the towel around of my waste I open the bathroom door and walk down the short hall to my bedroom.

"Holy Christ!" I almost jump out of my towel. There's a cutie sitting on my bed. When Jeordie looks up at me he blushes so red I want to pinch his cheeks.

"Oh god... I-I'm so sorry. Your Mom let me in." Jeordie sputters out, he looks scared of me so I soften my expression .

"Hey. Don't worry about it. I just wasn't expecting anyone is all." I smile at him to try to make the situation less awkward. Awe, his blush is so exceptionally rosy, I didn't know anyone could be that close to a cherry. "So uhh..." This is kind of my way of asking why he is here, and he gets the hint.

"Right! Umm... I came here to give you this." He hands me my jacket, "You left it at my house last night." I didn't even know I had left it there. Jeordie starts wringing his hands nervously, and looks at his feet.

"Thanks. I'm gonna get changed, then do you want to hang out?"

"Sure!" He stands there like an idiot starring at me with his huge lined eyes, his pale skin makes them stand out even more.

"Ahem." I clear my throat, "Uhh..." I dig through the pockets of my coat and toss him my car keys. "Do you want to start it up, and I'll be down in a minute." He nodes and walks out of my room, I stare at the door way after he leaves. I hear my mom pick up some friendly conversation with Jeordie, and then the front door closes. She's probably showing him where my car is. Hmm, what shall I wear? I pick out my usual outfit, black jeans, combat boots, a dark grayish T-shirt, and my jacket. Lastly, I slide on some black eyeliner and start down the hallway. Patting my back pockets I realize I forgot my wallet and run back to my room, I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and realize that I kind of look like a greaser. But with longer hair.

When I make it down the stairs three minutes later Jeordie is sitting patiently in the passenger seat with the A/C on lightly; that, to me, is a good sign it's almost summer vacation. The last fucking year of school in this preppy, god freaky school. The thought makes me smile.

"What are you smiling about?" Jeordie questions when I sit down in the drivers seat.

"I'm just really happy that it's almost summer. And that it's the last year of school. I can't stand all of this 'god' bullshit." I peer over at him to make sure that he isn't offended.