Chapter 1

If I die young, bury me in satin, lay me down on a, bed of roses. Sink me in a river, at dawn. Send me away with the words of a love song.

I listened to my favorite song on Pandora. I was on my way to cheerleading practice.

I'm not the head cheerleader but I think I'm pretty good. I'm popular and have a good life at school. At home it's not so great.

I have a single mom with two sisters and two brothers. My dad died last year when a whale's tail smacked his ship causing it to sink. It was all over the news.

Anyway, when I got to the court I was surprised to see the entire soccer team there too. I rolled my eyes pissed. Jase. I thought. The school sometimes player.

At least it wasn't Ryan and the football team. Ryan was the real player. I dated him once when I first got here. I heard he was a player and broke up with him before he got to me. I made a fool of him.

I smiled to myself at the pleasing memory. Jase, he was different. He only dated like 18 girls. And he keeps them for awhile. But a player is player, and a player is bad news. I lectured myself. You just couldn't change them.

No matter how hard you try, they will never change. I tried to change one before I moved here. Long story short, he cheated on me because I wouldn't have sex with him.

I walked out of my car, the bad memory in mind. When I got there Jase immediately started flirting with me.

"So, how's my Erica doing?" Jase asked me all Lovey bleh! He slipped his arm around my shoulders.

"I'm not yours Jase." I told him. "And I never will be. Wanna know why?"

"Yes." He said bluntly.

"I don't date players."

"You dated Ryan."

"But I broke up with him and made a fool of him. Now, can we please get practicing?"

"Do you not like me because I'm black?" He asked me.

My face fell. I started walking away from him. I walked ten steps and turned around.

"I can't believe you would go that low to get a girl. But, what did I expect? Your a player. And players and girls like me don't get along."

"What do you mean girls like you?"

"Girls who are nerdy and don't date a lot of guys. An your a player. You break girls hearts. And if we're not practicing today I'm leaving. Bye." I said and left.

There was no way I would ever date a guy like him. It was like Romeo and Juliet.

Sometimes I wish I could just rid of him. It would be so much easier for everyone. His girlfriend will break up with him soon. After I tell her Jase was flirting with me.

I pulled into my drive way and was greeted by my two of my siblings, even though I have four. One of them is 2 months old. Her name is Lavender. My 6 year old brother is named Leo. Jeremy is my twin brother, so he's 16. My other little sister is named Skylar and she's 11.

My mom is single after my dad died. She is 43. She has brown hair and brown eyes. She gained weight after my dad. Everyone else lost weight because my mom is having trouble going to work, having five kids, and paying the bills.

It's hard on everyone. Jeremy has a part time job at Winn-Dixie. I work 2 days a week there too. I wish my dad was alive, but, doesn't almost every want their parents back?

I put my stuff down and went to me and my brothers room. He was in there listening to music. I flopped on my bed dramatically and lay there. My brother looked up and took out his headphones.

"Tough day?" He asked.

"Yeah." I replied.

"What happened?"

"Jase."

"What'd he do this time?"

"He asked me if I didn't like him because he was black." His eyes widened.

"He what?!? I'm so gonna pummel this kid." He said angrily.

"NO!!!!" I screamed. Skylar burst in the room 3 seconds later.

"What is happening up here?!?" She said.

"No ones dead, yet. So don't worry." I said.

"What do you mean yet?" Skylar questioned.

"Jase." I simply replied. Skylar was very mature for her age so, I told her everything. She was a huge nerd. She had glasses and was A honor roll every year.

Jeremy was a jock, Leo was just weird. I think he might be gay. And no one knows about little Lavender, my half sister. Same mom different dad. Her dad is a drunk my mom met at a bar. Long story short, here we are 11 months later with a 2 month year old baby.

"I'm going down stairs to check on mom and Lavender." I said.

I went into my moms bedroom to find mom asleep and Lavender crying. I took her out of here crib. I changed her diaper and warmed a bottle for her.

After she was fed I burped her and went upstairs to my room. I put her in the crib I had in there for when this happens.

She fell asleep after a few minutes. "You're really good with baby's." Skylar said.

"Thanks." My eyes widened in realization. "Oh my gosh!"

"What?" Jeremy asked.

"I could create a babysitting business!" I squealed. "I can help make money!"

"What about your cheer leading?" Jeremy questioned.

"I guess I'll quit." I told him. Skylar got bored and left the room.

"Don't you love cheer leading?"

"Not really. I haven't been able to practice for a month now because of Jase."

"Oh."

"When mom wakes up I'll tell her."

I went over to my bed and started my homework. But the only thing I could really concentrate on right now was a nice, cold, refreshing coke bottle.

************************************
Hey! This is not a cheesy love novel where the girl falls in love on the 1st date and never fights with the guy or has no problems. Or too many problems.

And if you don't like my book, stop reading. No hate. Any hate comments I will report and mute you.

I enjoy writing so much and I really hope you enjoyed reading it.

Anyway, please comment and vote!

Peace out!