1. The Bite

Monica POV:

Yet another boring and lonely day at school , yes I have friends but what is the point in keeping them when all they do is ask why your like the way you are. Its not like I can tell them the way that my father died in a car crash before I was born and it left my mother to be a pathetic alcoholic. That I pretty much brought myself up from the age of 6!

"Hey mom , I'm home !" I shouted as I entered the house to be greeted by silence. "Not that you are soba enough to be awake to notice." I mumbled as I closed the door.

This was pretty much the same every day. I would wake up for school and she would be passed out on the sofa , a bottle of vodka beside her. I would return home from school and she would be in the same state but in a different position a new empty bottle and different clothes.

I walked past the living room to check she was still breathing before sighing heavily and making my way upstairs to my room. I have Mr Harris for chem this year and there is no way I am getting a detention with him so I went to do my homework. The better the grades the more chance I have of getting away from my mother!

I walked into my room and screamed at what I saw. "ARGH!" I screamed , there was a man sat on my bed.

"Don't scream. Don't be scared. I am here to help!" The man said as he stood up and held his arm out in a reassuring motion , it didn't work!

"What are you doing here?" I stuttered I pushed my self back and pressed myself to my bedroom wall in fear.

"I am Derek , Derek Hale and I am here to help you , give you a gift that will make your life better." He continued , stepping closer to me with each word.

"I know who you are , your the one who killed all those people and kept those kids held up in the high school all night!" I snarled , trying to hide the fear radiating through my body , trying being the key word.

"I didn't do that , it was Kate Argent , the police have absolved me of all charges!" He retorted.

"Well they shouldn't have because now your creeping in teenage girls rooms!" I argued.

"I am not creeping I am here to help you , this is no life. Walking in and out to an unconscious , uncaring mother. I need strong people in my pack and I don't think they come any stronger than a girl who has raised herself in this town of all places!" Derek was now really close and for some reason I wasn't scared anymore , not one bit. Now I was intrigued.

"What do you mean you are here to help me? Because unless you have a cure for alcoholism then your not going to be much help."

"No , I have something better. I have strength , speed , advanced senses , power. Everything you need to be a fighter , warrior , survivor. All though you are already all of those things so imagine how much easier it will be when you have all these extra gifts in your life." Derek began , from that moment on my life would never be the same...