Police stations can be rather romantic

Annabeth
I should never cook again. I was attempting to make spaghetti, but here I am covered in fire extinguishing foam holding a, now busted, smoke alarm. As I was cleaning up the mess when the phone started to ring. On no I thought. My dad isn't supposed to be home for another hour, but sure enough his picture popped up on the caller ID. "Ok Annabeth," I said to myself "Just play it cool." I answered the phone. "Dad?"
"Hey Annie, " he said " Listen I'm gonna be home a little late tonight, I got a 17 year old boy in the back of the squad car I gotta question."
"Is he cute?" I asked jokingly. His voice came back a little muffled.
"My daughter wants to know if you're cute."
" My mom would like to think so." A new, younger voice answered. I laughed.
" You know Annabeth I could use that brilliant brain of yours on this one, would you mind helping?"
" Of course not, could you pick me up?"
"Be there in a minute." And he hung up.
----------------
Percy
An hour or so ago.
I said my goodbyes and walked out of school, my hair still soaking wet from practice. The sun was going down early this time of year, only 6 o'clock so I couldn't quite see despite the New York lights. It was cold too, even with a jacket.
" Jackson." I heard a voice say behind me. Oh no, I thought. That sounded a whole lot like Jordan Williams, someone who for some unknown reason had devoted his life to making me miserable. I turned around slowly trying not to show any fear. But why am I afraid? I've never done anything to this guy. " I saw you staring at that blonde in the library." He said " And I'd like to let you I don't want you doing that, you see I've, how an idiot like you might say, 'called dibs' on that chick."
"Oh please," I said " She'll never give a jerk like you the time of day." He must've been drunk or something because he charged right at me and knocked me from the sidewalk to the grass. He punched me in the face softer then I'd anticipated. I blinked the stars away and kicked him in the stomach sending him sprawling away. Just as I was getting up the idiot grabbed me by my shirt and slammed me into a marble column of the school. My head hit the pole with such force my nose bled. I pulled up my left fist and broke his nose. As he fell back clutching his face with one hand I broke free, as I passed him something stung at my hip. Jordan fainted as the blue lights we hadn't seen came closer. I heard a voice yell for me to get down so I did. Jordan was brought to the hospital and I was handcuffed and shoved in a squad car. Wonderful.
" Officer, please if you just let me exp-" I started.
"Son, this kind of stuff happens more than you'd think, I'm just going to take you down to the station then you can explain."  
"Um alright... Are you gonna call my parents?"
"Eventually... First I need to call my daughter." He picked up a cell phone and punched in the number. "Hey Annie," he started "Listen I'm gonna be home a little late tonight, I got a 17 year old boy in the back of the squad car I gotta question...." He paused, listening to the girl on the phone. " My daughter wants to know if you're cute." I blushed and laughed. "My mom would like to think so." I laughed.
" You know Annabeth I could use that brilliant brain of yours on this one, would you mind helping?" Annabeth... I know that name from somewhere... It can't be.
" Be there in a minute." He hung up and started driving. I looked at his name plate, 'Officer Chase' it read. Oh dear god. We pulled up in front of a Victorian style house and a blonde girl rushed through the rain and got in the passenger seat. She buckled up then turned around to see me.
" Oh!" She said "You're in my English class...it's Jackson right?"
"Percy" I said. Annabeth looked at me like I was crazy. "Percy Jackson." She nodded and told me her name was Annabeth Chase, of course I pretended I hadn't known, of course she could tell I was lying. Annabeth turned and said " Dad, this kid wouldn't anything wrong. What did he do? Did he uh.. You know I got nothing." I laughed to myself and stayed silent the whole way to the police station.
------
Annabeth
We all sat at the table and asked Percy a few questions before coming to 2 conclusions. His brain is full of seaweed, and we need to find Jordan Williams. While my dad went out to grab Jordan from wherever he was, I stayed back and helped Percy clean up his injuries. After calling and letting his parents know he was okay and we'd bring him home when we could I took him to the station infirmary.
"So.... How bad did you get beat?" I asked. He didn't laugh, probably the first time in his life.
" He pulled a knife wise- guy. It wasn't a fair fight."
" Wisegirl." I corrected.
"Hm, I like that." He pulled off his sweater to reveal a tear in his shirt dabbled with blood.
"Take off your shirt so I can fix that gash up." I said while grabbing some bandages. He blushed a little and looked down but didn't argue. He pulled the green shirt over his head and- holy crap that kid is built like a tank. He looked at the wound running from his spine to the top of his hip.
" Is it bad?" Percy asked. I blinked a few times to steady my shock.
"Uhhhh- yea-no... Not so bad, just needs a uh- quick little fix up. " I had him sit down while I rubbed disinfectant along the cut and wrapped his mid-section in bandages.
"So... Did I interrupt anything important with my shenanigans." Oh crap. The foam, I had almost forgot. I couldn't help it I burst out laughing. Percy looked confused patiently awaiting my answer.
"I tried to make spaghetti and almost burned down the house." I snapped up my head and grabbed Percy's face, his green eyes got very wide. " You can't tell anyone that."
"Yes ma'am." He squeaked, I let go and pulled back.
"Now what?" I asked. In response Percy wheeled his office chair in a circle with a trouble maker smirk. I backed my chair to the other end of room with him and raced along. My dad eventually came back with Jordan in handcuffs only to find Percy and I wheeling squeaky chairs around the room throwing paper airplanes at each other.