chapter 1

Skylar woke up on a huge bed she fluttered her eyes and searched around the room. She was young but she wasn't stupid she knew that she came to see grandma and possibly might stay with grandma for good.

She smelled the glorious smell of cooked bacon coming from downstream. Skylar loved bacon she went downstairs to go get some food. When she got downstairs she saw her mom on the phone with someone . "yes hello?...No I please please don't tell I'll pay you how much do you want I just want her to be safe I just-" Skyler knew her mother was frustrated with whoever was on the phone so she decided to cheer her up. "mommy don't worry everything will be alright, besides we have bacon life with bacon makes everything better"

Jenna just smiled at her little angel. "Come on let's go eat" when they got to the kitchen they saw Karal singing along to a Ray Charles song . She was swaying her hips looking like she was having the time of her life, Skylar giggled at her grandma's silly behavior, that was when she noticed that she was being watched and then she stopped. "well don't just stand there come sit there is plenty of food"
Skylar plopped into a chair and started to dig in. "oh wow this looks amazing grandma I love it thank you" Jenna beamed at the sight of her daughter's happiness. "yeah thanks mom, for everything".

Karal was thrilled that she had her daughter back but she knew that they wouldn't expect her back as easily as she has. " Jenna sweetie um you know that we will need to talk about things and your situation sooner or later right?" Jenna stopped eating and looked at her mother with intense eyes " yes I know but can that wait after we go shopping, I was hopping I could get Skylar some clothes and maybe enroll her in school it's almost that time of year and she needs to start kindergarten" Karla didn't say anything she just nodded in response.

Breakfast was quite after that and so was the car ride to the mall . It seemed that everyone in the family had something to say but didn't know when or how to say it. It was if there was an elephant in the room and nobody knew how to get rid of it. " Wanna play I spy mommy?" Jenna didn't hear her. "mommy?" Still nothing. "MOMMY!!!" Jenna swerved a little from her daughter's abrupt yelling. Jenna didn't realize how fast she was going until she tried to slow down but it was to late another car had crashed into them.

The car spun out of control out of Jenna's hands flipping them until the car suddenly stopped. The car had smoke coming from it which could only mean one thing they had to get out of there before the car exploded.

Jenna and Karla instantly went to make sure Skylar was okay. "Skylar, Skylar baby can you hear me?" Skylar coughed from the smoke but she she was alright. "mommy I'm scared" "it's gonna be alright honey now can you get out?" Skylar couldn't see a way out she couldn't see anything! "mommy I can't see!!" She couldn't see? Jenna thought to herself . "That's okay sweetie grandma will help you" Karla broke the window with her elbow , unfastened he seatbelt and claimed out. Karla was limping a little, but she was okay she headed towards the side where Skylar was seated and tried to get her out .

" Skylar grab my hand" Skylar couldn't see her hand so she felt around for it and finally found it. Karla pulled her out and started walking away from the car. "WAIT!!! mommy is still in there let's save her" Karla didn't know how to tell her that her mother was stuck if they helped she would die instantly, a big price of glass went through her stomach. " Skylar we can't save your mom we need to go she's not going to make it honey" Skylarwas angry that her grandma didn't want to help she started running towards the car but then the unfortunate happened...the car exploded.