On Ice

Just wanted to give a huge shoutout to @Zuma_Chase_Forever and @Tennie787 for giving me the idea to write a story with the Zuma×Everest shipping. Be sure to check their stories out because they're pretty awesome. Thank you guys for the idea! 

Now please enjoy my story. 

Regular POV

Marshall made a slide for Everest out of frozen water from his water cannon.

Marshall POV 

This will for sure impress Everest. "Hey Everest! Watch this!" I got to the top of the slide and saw Everest staring back up at me and smiling. 

Zuma POV

I was figure-eighting with Skye on the ice. Suddenly I saw Rubble spinning around slipping and sliding on the ice heading straight for Skye. I threw her up in the air and she landed on my back just in time to avoid a crash between her and Rubble. 

I heard Marshall yell for Everest to watch him go down the slide. I saw all the other pups turn toward Marshall, so I watched too.

He threw himself onto his stomach as he started sliding down.

And that was when I noticed me and Skye were right at the bottom of the slide. 

I tried running out of the way, but by then it was too late.

Skye POV

I was still on Zuma's back after he threw me in the air and I landed there. 

When Marshall suddenly went down the slide without giving me or Zuma enough time to move out of the way, he ended up crashing into us. Hard.

I ended up flying off of Zuma's back, and Zuma went crashing into Everest. All three of us went flying across the sky as Marshall crashed into a pile of snow. 

It was actually fun flying. If only I had my wings.

Everest POV

When Marshall slid down the slide, I was kind of already expecting some sort of mishap.

He crashed into Zuma, Skye flew off of his back, Marshall fell into some snow, and Zuma slid uncontrollably right into me. In that quick moment, I took a deep whiff in and smelled his Zuma scent. 

All three of us were flying pretty high in the air. I looked down and saw a giant pile of snow waiting for us to fall into. I braced myself for impact and closed my eyes.

Zuma POV

I fell into the snow. It was surprisingly very soft. Then suddenly I got smashed and the wind was knocked out of me.

Everest POV

I crashed hard into the snow and it was actually pretty soft. I looked down and saw that the snow I landed on wasn't white. It was brown. 

I got up and saw Zuma. "Oh hello Zuma. Sorry for smashing you." Zuma got up and smiled. "It's okay Evewest." 

For some reason when he said that, something inside of me sparked. His eyes seemed so happy and his ears fell so gracefully on the sides of his head.

What am I talking about? I'm crazy. I felt my face grow hot, which I'm sure looked super weird because it was cold outside. 

Zuma POV

For some reason Everest's face began to turn red. I just smiled at her pretending not to notice. I wonder what that was all about?

Marshall POV

Dang it I try to impress Everest and it goes horribly. Why? What's wrong with me? Every time I try to do something cool, it always goes wrong. I'm so stupid.

Skye POV 

Wow. Did I just see Everest blush? No no it can't be. "Hey guys! Are you okay?" I turned my head and saw Marshall. 

"Yeah we're fine Marshall. That was super fun by the way! We should do it again," I say giving him a smile.

Marshall POV 

Wow! Skye said that was super fun! Maybe things didn't go so wrong after all. "Come on. Let's do it again!" Skye said doing a flip. I smiled. "Oh okay Skye!"

"Yeah, you guys have fun, I'm not doing that again," Everest said laughing. 

Eh.. I guess Everest doesn't like me the way I like her. Or used to like her...

I flashed Skye a smile. "Okay see you guys later," I looked at Everest. And ran off with Skye to the icy slide to slide down again.

Zuma POV

"We bettew get out of the way so we don't get cwashed into again Evewest," I said laughing grabbing her paw and running. 

Everest POV

He touched my paw. I smiled as my face grew even hotter than before. What's wrong with me?

Zuma POV

Why does Everest feel so warm? She's the snow pup, not the tropical pup like me. This is super confusing. Maybe she's sick. Or she has a fever.

"Evewest, awe you okay?" I asked.

Everest POV

Oh great he noticed. "Yeah, yeah I'm fine." I mean it's not like I'm lovesick for you or anything. Oh my gosh. I think I'm in love with him.