Chapter 1

"Emily come down and eat breakfast!!"
Ugh...another day another death...from school. I absolutely hate getting up and going to school. I mean why go to school? I want to be an actress so Math isn't going to help. Geez, the struggle is real. At least that's what teens these days are saying. I reach my hand across my bed for my phone. Oh a text from Ever..asking if she can borrow my red flats. I text back asking why and she said it's an emergency. I reluctantly get out of bed, put on my slippers and ring for the maid. Did I mention my parents are billionaires. My Dad and older brother Jacob run a business that deals with new electronics, their company is called Saturnite. My mother runs a cooking business she also paints and sculpts. I on the other hand go to a private school called Starlight Academy. Which I am late for, again. I remember the maid doesn't come on Tuesdays. So I walk in my closet and look around the shelves. I could fit four 1500 Ram Trucks in the first half.  It's really like walking in a store. I walk and  I decide I want to wear skinny jeans to go with a gray music note tee shirt, and black combat boots. I walk to my mirror and I grab a hair band out of the small basket of colorful hair clips. I put my long blonde hair in a high ponytail and I apply my make up on my face making sure I cover my freckles. I hate my freckles, but I love my blue eyes. They change from blue to green, gray and sometimes yellow, it continues to amaze me. I grab my bag and the red flats and I walk downstairs. I tell the body guard that I'm headed to school, I tell the driver to take me to Ever's house and pick her up. I get in and we head to her house, it's about 20 minutes away so I just listen to music. I see Ever texting probably her boyfriend Chase. Today her red hair is curled with a blue bow tied up. She is wearing a green tee shirt that has a red apple on it with pink words saying juicy. She has yellow skinny jeans on and neon purple flats. She gets in and I hand her the red flats, she hugs me saying she owes me big time.
"Okay, okay I get it, but why do you need red flats if you have purple ones on?" Her fruity perfume hits me and my eyes water.
"Oh! Well because they didn't match and I couldn't let Chase see me like that!" She gives me the like why'd you even ask look. I decide to not bother her anymore, she fills me on what's happening at her house. Her dad owns a car company and her stepmom owns a fashion company. We sit in the Limo till we reach school. The Academy looks like a castle, it's a school for rich kids. I step out and step on the sidewalk, I wait for Ever to get out of the limo and together we walk into the school. Yes I'm 17 and I don't have a boyfriend, I broke up with my last. He was on the football team and he ended up drinking a lot.
"Emily didn't you know that there is a new kid arriving in your class!?" I tune Ever back in.
"Wait what since when do you keep track of who's in my classes?" I ask her wondering how in the world she knows
"Uh duh, I'm your bestie and cuz he is SUPER hot, heck I'd date him if I was single!" She stated and as soon as she said that I bumped into someone.
"Oh god I'm so sorry!" I apologize as I reach down and help the kid pick up his books. "I'm so clumsy I'm sorry I wasn't-"
"Oh no it's fine. My first day at school I just had to drop my books right?" He looked pissed off.
"Well I said I was sorry." I said once more taking in his features. He was tall muscular, wore a red tee shirt and black jeans with black combat boots. His hazel eyes looked cold and his dark brown hair was short but he could still flip it if he wanted to. All together he was hot, but I hated his coldness. He thanked me and said it won't be the first time and with that he turned and left.
"Emily that was him!! Omigod isn't he freaking hot!!?" Ever said bringing me back to reality.
"What's his name?" I asked
"That guys name is Ace, Ace Grimm."she said tweeting a new update about me running into the new kid.