Attack

A/N

Hey there.....

Here is the new and improved chapters.

Sorry that you have to read it over again:(

Comment on things to improve

Vote just because

~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~

Blair's POV

My tattered shoes hit the hard pavement, the sound echoing down the empty street. My backpack hitting my bum every step I take, making a clicking noise. Music softy running out of the ear buds loosely in my ears, filling the silence, I hum quietly.

I look around, all the stores I pass closed, seeing as it's 11:40pm. I clench and unclench my fist, trying to make the aching pains of a long day go away. The song ends, I hear foot steps behind me, another song starts. I slip my hand in to the back pocket of my jeans, turning the volume off, another pair of foot steps join the other. Arlington is not the safest city around, always be on alert, never walk down the dark alleys and never ever walk the street alone at night.

I've already broken that rule but there was no way around it, I got the late shift tonight. I work at our local cafe, my boss keeps it open at godly hours. Every late night shift is the same, two or three people wonder into the shop, get one or two things, mostly coffee and leave like it's not 10:30 at night. Rare occasion you will find the hipster wannabes in corner booths cutting out newspaper and drinking enough coffee to last a year.

My glasses slip down my nose, making the world blurry for a split second. I pull my hair up into a pony tail, my bangs slipping from it. I can hear them getting closer, their picking up the speed, my heart begins to exhilarate. I hick my backpack up and start walking in a faster pace.

Voice in my head, want to make a suggestion as to what to do?

It started when I turned 16, I was freaked out. First I thought it was my consensus but it sounded nothing like me so now it's called The Voice... Completely lame but who's going to know?

I see a intersection coming up in front of me, the foot steps have not fluttered or paused.

Turn right, there's a forest to the left of that. Climb a tree and wait it out, if they follow... Attack

I didn't know what attack meant but I'm pretty sure I'll find out. I follow her directions, I chuck my bag in a tree high enough to not be seen. I grip onto a low hanging branch, pulling myself up and doing the rest of the way up in ease.

Crack!

A twig snaps close to the trunk of the tree, leaves rustle under the weight of something. I look down and see two built figures standing at the base of the tree, I see something glimmer in one of their hands. But I can't make out what it could be.

They are distracted, attack!

Her voice startles me, I lose my footing and... I fall