Chapter 1

Huntley's new house, except it's right on the ocean. ^^

*Sorry about any grammar mistakes*

I gaze out the window of my mom's Prius, watching as we pass by little shops and huts. Occasionally I see a spurt of blue, from the ocean, placed just behind all the buildings. I move my head slightly, to the window, feeling the coldness move from the crisp air, to the glass window and then onto my forehead.

"Hunny, we're almost there" My mom speaks from the passenger side. I'm placed also on the passenger side, but in the backseat. My dad is the driver, he has been since we made it to Oregon, which is a while considering that we drove from Lake town, Utah and now we are at the coast. All in all the drive took 15 hours and... right now 34 minutes, google said it would take 14:51, I guess we did stop at some places to refuel and have mom and dad switch who drove.

Dad says that the new house is right on the water and with no neighbors. There should be a dock as well, under it the North Pacific Ocean, filled with species of all sorts, fish, sharks, turtles, anything. I have to admit that I was excited when both my parents sat me down and told me that we were moving to the coast of Oregon and that we would have a beach house, as well as be able to swim almost anytime.

Lake town was a very small community, just about 250 people living there. The only high school is North Rich High, which I attended along with my other two siblings, until they graduated and went to college at Utah State University. I have a 19 year old sister, named Mia and a 21 year old brother named Archer.

When I was going into 9th grade, Archer was one of those cool seniors, the one who played on the football team, but also kept up really good grades. Mia was in 10th grade, she was on a lot of the dance teams et cetera, she also had many friends, who also were very cool, but nice. Mia actually just left for college, she's doing the summer program that USU has, so she left just after the last day of school.

"Huntley! Look!" My mom says staring out of her window, smiling brightly at whatever she's talking about. I turn my head, expecting to see another cute shop, but instead see a house.

It's white, the perfect size, and if you look at it the right way you can see the ocean right in the backyard.

Dad stops the car and unbuckles his seat belt, mom and I follow suit and we all gather to look at the new house. It's quite beautiful, the way the windows allow you to see right through to the ocean behind it, I never, imagined the house would be like this. I look to dad and see him nod, before turning back and opening the trunk of the Prius.

Running towards the front door, I open it and step into the huge living room. All of our furnishings are here already, so it looks as if the house is completely decorated, which is amazing. Between the living room and the kitchen there is a staircase, with handrails on either sides, leading to the upstairs.

I push open the door that has a light blue painted 'H' for Huntley on it. Immediately I'm blinded by the light that shines through the 3 windows, the room has four walls, the one right behind my bed being a pretty color of light blue and all the other walls being white. Walking towards my windows, I see that I have a perfect view of the ocean and the dock, which is awesome.

Soon after I've checked out every single spot of the house out, I walk outside towards the dock, sitting down, I dangle my legs above the water and think about what's below it.

Later, around 6, my parents and I are all going to an old family friends house, who also happens to live here. Their daughters name is Talion and she is only a few weeks older then me actually, she turned 18 a few days ago, if I'm not mistaken. I turn 18 in 6 days, I think Mia and Archer are also coming up for a little family party, so that should be fun.