I am not Satan's Daughter

I lost it. I lost everything. Love, smiles, and family. The fire burned in my heart. As I watched my school burn to pieces. And the screams echoed in my head. And I knew I could do something. But I didn’t. I enjoyed their pain.

Am I a bad person? Am I non-human?

“She just needs to be talked to. Someone to show her we love her.”

“NO! What that… thing in their needs is to be locked up!”

“I agree. She’s Satan’s daughter.”

“Yes, I know. She put the school on fire without moving a finger.”

“She killed my daughter without moving a finger too.”

“Jasmine, I’m sorry. But she has to be contained. She’s dangerous.”

A silence.

“I understand. Go and take her.”

They walked in. Grabbed me by my arms and legs. I screamed. They backed up. I put my hand out and forced them to the wall. They caught on fire. I looked at Jasmine. She stood. The last one standing. She held her hand over her mouth and cried. She slid down on the wall and cried. I walked over to her and stood above her. She looked up with fear in her eyes. I held my hand out for her. She looked behind me at the flames. Then she reached her hand out. I grabbed her hand and lifted her up. She was the only one who cared. Only one who loved me. I hugged her.

“I’m not Satan’s daughter.” I whispered.

“No Lily, you are not.” Jasmine whispered back running her fingers through my hair.