Where It All Started

Hi my name is Scarlet Gade I am 14 years old and I live in the small town of Mackleton in the middle of California. Nothing much happens in Mackleton. It is very quiet. Sometimes too quiet. I attend Collings Middle School. I have and older brother Blake(19) and an older sister Ana(23).
It was a cool fall day. It was two days before Thanksgiving so they got to come home from their college. I was at home doing my homework it was 3:42. Lisa (my cousin) was also here. We heard a loud booming sound coming from outside. Lisa thought it might be a earthquake. She is from Minnesota. I was telling her all about California when I found out she was going to be visiting for the next 3 weeks. I didn't think it was a earthquake and I have been living here all my life. I jumped out of my chair and ran outside. Not what you are supposed to do during an earthquake but I new it wasn't one!! The sound had stopped but there was an eerie feeling in the air and I heard police cars. Blake came running outside on the phone followed by Lisa. Ana and my parents were at work. Blake walked back inside because he was talking to someone about a job interview and told us not to be outside much longer because he was supposed to be watching us and if my parents saw us outside without him he would be in huge trouble. We agreed to come back in. But in my mind I was thinking I need to find out what that sound was and soon.