The Date

RECAP:

"Well, hit me. What do you want this time?" I sighed, wondering what it might be. A dare? A vintage comic? I had quite a lot of them, and the only person I knew who had interest in them was Taylor. Hopefully not to see my artworks...

"Well, it's Henry's birthday party tonight, and..."

**********

"No way, Taylor!" I yelled, trying to hide the fact that I was slightly amused, "Do you think I'm some kind of idiot?!" 

He frowned strangely. "Of course not. I didn't say that. But, I think you're acting very childish, about the bet. You can't just say 'no wayyyy Taylorrrrrr'." 

His impersonation of my voice was very annoying. "I don't talk like that," I stated dryly, "But besides the point, you MUST change it. There is no chance!"

His all too familiar smirk lit up his face, "Okay then, Lee. Have it your way, if that's what you want! I'll change it, sure. All you have to do is show me your artworks, and let me post them on the Internet -"

ANNOYING, idiot, moron, loser! "Whatever! I'll do it, but you're coming," I looked at him through my slanted eyes, to see him grinning smugly. 

"Thanks, Lee. You rock.  The party is going to start at eight. I'll be there, and Henry will pick you up, okay?"

I sighed, and straightened out my shirt a little. "Well, I guess I have to go shopping now. And I'll be expecting you to carry the bags."

He laughed and picked up his car keys, as I put on my white converse. 

"Lee, seriously. This is not funny." Taylor pleaded, but I didn't move, which seemed to annoy him even more. Oh well. I could live with the pain. "Lee! Come ON, get out of the car. I'm pretty sure this is illegal!"

I snorted at his weak excuse. "But, Taylor. If I get out of the car, I could freeze to death. Which would, obviously, not be an attractive look: blue lips on a date, I mean, seriously? Henry wouldn't -" 

My dramatic rambling was broken off by Taylor, pulling me out of his Porsche 911. I don't have a clue how his parents ended up buying it for him, but trust me, I'd die for one! The thing that annoyed me, was that they could easily afford to get me a great car... they were just too uptight to let me get a driver's license - apparently I was too young.

"Brrrrrrrrrr brrrrrrrrrr!" I yelled loudly, causing many people passing by to stare at me, "Oh my GOD, I'm so cold! Brrrrr!"

Taylor glared at me, embarrassed by the amount of confused looks we were getting; it wasn't as though I really cared what they thought. Most of the people I knew were still in bed at this time, or would laugh it off with me, and pretend to freeze too. 

"You realize everyone thinks you're a freak, Lee?" he hissed, sounding pretty annoyed. "And it's June. You are definitely not freezing." 

I smirked and walked to the first shop I passed. 

In the second shop, I saw a 'friend' of mine. "Hi, Lee!" she yelled. 

It was Jane. Oh God, no. "Hi, Jane..." I muttered, hoping that I wouldn't have to talk to her too much. It's not that I was a snob; just that Jane wasn't exactly my favorite person, and whatever I told her, would not remain secret. 

Plus, I couldn't be friends with her. Ruby's ex-boyfriend liked her, and so she told me not to talk to her. Which was kinda childish, but I didn't want to lose my sisters' trust. 

"Ooh! Is this your boyfriend?" she grinned, and pointed at Taylor. Oh no. If there was one thing I knew about Jane, it was that she liked to gossip. And, as unbelievable as it would be, I still didn't want stories of 'Lee And Taylor' spreading around. 

"No!" I muttered. "He's just my friend. Anyway, I can't talk."

I rushed into the dressing room, and tried on the rich silky purple dress. It didn't go well with my pale skin - vampire chic is not the look I was trying to achieve. The next one was even worse: a shimmering peach color, that was ridiculous on me. I sighed, and put the dresses back on their racks. 

"Ah, seriously Lee?!" Taylor whined. "We're going to be here all day if you don't choose a dress! It's not like it really matters, you know! You have millions of dresses to wear!"

I looked at him smugly. "You shouldn't have made me date him then!"

_______________

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR6oYX1D-0w Aloe Blacc - I need a dollar

Sorry, I guess I'm too lazy to just put the video beside it... I might later :) Please comment? :) free ice cream if you do xxx