chapter one - i'm ready

"You ready for your first water polo practice?" Asks Sarah-Jane.

"I dunno, I'm not that good." I admit.

"Oh, would you relax? You're Roxanne Terra. You can do anything." S-J says, partially snarky, but also motivationally.

I steel myself. I'm the tough girl for a reason. "Aright. I'm down for kicking some ass now." I say. At least I think I believe it.

"Good," she replies with a full-braces grin.

We walk over to our swim squad. Maybe I should introduce them. I like to ponder over people's backgrounds.

My best friend is Sarah-Jane Lark. She's five-foot-four with brown hair, shaved on one side, and braces.

Next to her is my other best friend, Naomi Andres. She's super tall with a pixie cut, and she's the sweetest person in the universe.

On her other side is her twin brother, Jared. They're fraternal. He's shorter than her, tan, with dark brown hair. He's a combo of both derpy and cute.

There's Jared's best friend, Marcus Lark. He's part of a family including seven other kids. He's tan, with short, spiky brown hair and is insanely huggable. If you haven't guessed already, I have a huge crush on him.

Currently, Marcus's being teased by the oldest of the Lark family: Harry. He towers over all of us, as he's over six feet tall. Harry's more than cute, I guess. I used to like him, but now he's one of my best friends. well, I think.

Now Harry's over being an asshole and is looking at pictures on Brent's phone. Brent McCarthy has curly hair and is pretty muscular. He's my big brother figure on the team.

But Brent's not really paying attention to Henry's text post puns he got off Instagram. No, he's definitely staring at Naya Emilio, the gorgeous Latina. They'd broken up months ago, but I don't pry for details. Naya has flawless skin and silky black hair. Naya's conversing with both Riley Jameson and Finn Harley.

Riley Jameson is a girl, to get that clear. She's also hella gay. Riley is short with red hair. Overall, Riley's a good friend, but she can't be trusted with secrets.

Then there's Finn. There's always the odd man out, and unfortunately, that's him. He blames it on his Asian-ness (but I'm half Japanese and I socialize fine). He's tan and has black hair. Nothing stands out about him.

"Roxy, you ready?" Naomi says to me in her kind, compassionate voice.

"Totally."

We all jump into the water.

x-x-x

So, this is really just an explanation of all the characters. There are a few more to come, though. I hope you enjoyed my story so far!