Chapter 3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up and tried to stretch out the knots in my back from the bed. The sun shone through the navy blue blinds and cast a blue light in the room. I noticed Alec wasn't in bed and looked over at the nightstand to find he had left a note:

Dear Hayley,

I had to care of some things, I'll be back at 12 and we can go out

XOXO Alec

I frowned and looked at the clock, it was 9 in the morning. Great, 3 hours to be bored.

As I stepped of the last stair, my stomach growled ferociously, so I walked to the kitchen. There was some left-over Chinese take-out that I took, happily. I dumped it on a plate and shoved it in the microwave. After 20 gruesome seconds it was warm.

The couch looked like a confortable place, so I sat down and gobbled up the food. The silence of the house hit me, and I turned on the TV. Beauty and the Geeks was on and I watched in content. Being the nerd I was, I often blushed at the utter cuteness of the 'geeks.'

Thank god it was a marathon.

The host was just about to announce the winner when my phone vibrated. I had a text from Alec.

(ALEC) Come to our fav cafe, it's open right? Cya in 15 minutes, I'm at the mall xoxo <3

(HAYLEY) I'll walk over there now :)

I changed out of my sweat pants and into some shorts and got a tank top on. Walking down the stairs, I wondered where my parents were. Eh, they're probably eating lunch at some fancy resteraunt, they like that sort of thing.

Looking across the street, I stepped on the street to walk over. I tripped and I cursed at myself, nice one.

As I was still fumbling, a white van sped around the corner. A man picked me up and dragged me to the car, his arms around my stomach.

His sweaty hand was on my mouth, but I still tried to scream for help. But, my scream for help only came out in a quiet screech. I gave up and the door of the van closed, a tear rolled down my cheek as we sped away from my home.

When would I see my home again? Will anyone try and find me? Will Alec know somethings wrong when I'm not at the cafe? I can't let this happen.

I tried to get out of the man's hold on me. It was too tight. I really wish I could be all ninja and get out all easy like in the movies.

What was I taught in self-defense? I pushed my brain to think, as hard as it could. Screw it, lets just go crazy.

I started trying to squirm out of his hold. Just getting enough space between our bodies, I elbowed him. The hit landed somewhere on his face and he was momentarily dazed. I took this time to throw open the door and jump out.

We were already pretty far out of town.

I hit the gravel and rolled down the curb, hitting my head. The van made a sudden stop and I forgot about my headache and started running.

I didn't know where I was going, but I was running. Running like it was life or death, because, in a way, it was. I don't know how long I was running for, but when I finally got into town, it had started raining.

After awhile, I found myself running down Laker Road, my old friend's street. House number twenty-one passed. Twenty-three. Twenty-five! I ran up to the house and tried the door, hopefully he still lives here.

The door opened and I ran down the enterance hallway. Conner peeked around the corner and started to motion for a hug, with a smile on his face.

"Long time no s-"

That smile disappeared when I ran into his arms crying. I missed Conner so much, he knew me. RIght now he didn't ask any questions, he just held me.

"C-can you call Alec, for me." I sniffled.

He nodded and pulled out his cellphone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FInally uploaded haha.

Than k you guys so much, Im fi8nally in the 'What's Hot List' it's like a dream x) Anywhoo, maybe I can get higher in the list? I have no idea but PLEASE vote

~Michelle