4; Catching On

Jessica's POV: (Switching it up)
"That was nice." Kylie says. "Yeah..." I nod. I feel we are drifting apart which kills me, I love him so much. "What's wrong?" Alesa asks. "Nothing, ugh. I just want my boyfriend back..." I whisper, playing with the necklace he gave me our first Christmas together, it was also the first time he told me he loved me. "Huh? The music's too loud, we can't hear you." Ky asks. "Nevermind, let's go." I say, pulling them along to the nearest spa place.

Kylie POV:
I think Jessica is catching on to Ricky, he's distancing himself, only paying attention to her when needed or if he was horny. It was a horrible thing to do, use her, but I get it might be hard for him. She is the kind to be self-conscious so he might be trying to find a way to break up with her that won't drive her into self loathing and anerexia. I'll talk to him later.

Ghost's POV:
We escape Hot Topic and the girls walking aimlessly, coming acrossed F.Y.E, going in, looking around, holding eachothers hands. Ricky bought like a dozen albums ranging from Cradle of Filth to Eminem, he is definitely random in his choice of music. I, own every album I care for already, so I look through the posters. TV shows, hot chicks, miscellaneous singers... ah, Slipknot. I'll take that. Ricky spots an Eminem poster that he wanted and then we paid, leaving.

"Want some food?" I ask, my arm slipping around his waist, his doing the same. "Yeah, what sounds good to you?" He asks me. "Hm, let's see, I know you hate pizza, and your from the Pacific Northwest... Seafood or Chinese?" I ask, sounds random but being from California I know a little about that area's obsession with seafood, since it's very water oriented and Chinese food is big everywhere, especially the west coast. No clue why.

"Hm, Chinese sounds goooooood." He smiles and makes a cute little moaning sound, expressing his liking of Chinese food. "Okay, Panda Express it is!" I kiss the top of his head, while we walk towards the food court. On the way there, Ricky made random jokes about pandas and the Chinese culture, he was extremely funny, just seemed like he was distracted by something.

We get there, ordering what we'd like, sitting down in a secluded corner, for the most part away from people. Eating, quietly not speaking much, an awkward aura from Ricky. "Ok, I gotta ask. Is something wrong?" I ask, grabbing his free hand, I don't know why I do this, let alone much of anything I do regarding him. "No, just thinking about Jessica." He mumbles, "I told you, if you're not comfortable don't, it's okay." I whisper, the words getting harder to say as I get to know him better. "I need to, I don't love her like that anymore, it's not fair to her, but she's so fragile. I don't want to hurt her. She'll think she's fat or something..." He mumbles, you could see his brain going through different scenerios of what could happen if she took it wrong.

"Just tell her, it's not anything to do with her, your feelings just changed." I tell him, "If she takes it wrong?" He asks, "Then you comfort and complement her until she feels beautiful again." I say simply. Kylie went through something similar in highschool where her ex-boyfriend decided to lie and tell her she was fat and ugly, which pissed me off. I had broken my hand beating the guy at a party because of it and Kylie became anerexic, refusing to eat, even her favorite foods. I eventually caught her in her room, sobbing, staring at herself in the mirror.

"Ky... Come here... shh..." I coo, sitting next to her, holding her in my arms. "Nothing I do is changing anything!" She yells within her sobs, "Why do you need to change, your beautiful." I ask, petting her hair. "I'm ugly and you know it. Fat and ugly just like Jake said..." She sobs even harder. "Don't listen to him, you are the beautifulest person I know. Inside and out, but sometimes you forget to think, why would he date you if he truly believed you were ugly?" I ask, trying to convince her. "I don't know, but he did." She stops crying, stops everything, laying against me, not willing to hold herself up.

"Get up." I pull her up, standing with her. She was only wearing leggings and a bra, showing her barely concaved stomach. "What do you see?" I ask her, pulling her hair to the side. "Why?" She asks, running her hands over mine, which were on her stomach. "Tell me." I push, "A girl desperately trying to be pretty." She mumbles, pulling my hands off her. "You know what I see? Honestly?" I ask, as she turns to look at me. "What?" She asks as I caress her face, starting to speak. "A beautiful, naïve girl that was lied to." I whisper pressing my forehead against hers. I've already lost my cousin, I can't lose my best friend.

"Okay..." Ricky nods, ignoring that I spaced out remembering. "Was Ky ever self-conscious or anything? I feel like it's a stereotype for girls to be like that, I've only met Jessica with that sort of problem." He asks. "Yeah, she was anerexic in highschool." I nod. "Oh wow, that bad?"

"Yeah, it only lasted for like three months. I convinced her she was the most beautiful girl I have met and that helped her." I tell him. "Is she?" He asks, "In my opinion, yes, she is the diamond surrounded by black dust that only brings her down. She is the star among the heavens, if that makes since." I ramble, she really is beautiful, but we are practically related so we wouldn't date. "Sounds like you really care about her." Ricky mumbles, stabbing his food with his fork harder than needed. "Rick? Are you jealous? You don't need to be, we are like brother and sister. I wouldn't date her." I tell him, squeezing his hand.

I get a text, "One second." I tell him checking my phone.
K: Ok. Date over, Jessie wants her boyfriend back.
D: Saw through that huh?
K: Duh, I know you. Xoxo. Hurry back meet @ HT.
Kylie tells me, "That was Kylie. Jess wants you back." I tell him. "Okay, let's go..." He says, not overly excited. "Before I give you back to Jess, I'd like one last kiss..." I whisper, we're both standing so I he pulls my scarf, pulling me too him, kissing me. It's probably the best kiss we've had, he's not uncomfortable anymore, being extremely touchy, trailing his hands all over my back and stomach. I break away, kissing his cheek; "We should go."

We head back, acting like friends again, which was very hard, because I still wanted his lips on mine. "Would you stop looking at me like that?" He complains, "Like what?" I ask, "Like I'm the only thing worth looking look at." He says, "You are, to me, why is that a problem?" I ask stopping, pulling his belt loop so he faced me. "Because Jess reads into that kind of stuff, I'd rather her not know."

"Okay, I'll try not to... if you kiss me one more time." I smile teasingly. He matches my smile, wrapping his hands around my neck, kissing me. His tongue snaking it's way into mouth.