One

My name is Eloise, Ellie for short. I'm seventeen years old. I don't do much, I just have my music and books. I go to a stupid public school. Everyone one there is nowhere near like me. I'm different from everyone else. I live in a sea of cliches and I hate it. I hate everyone there and I hate myself. I've had chronic depression. I know you'd think a girl with a name like Ellie would be a huge ray of sunshine, but I'm not. I'm me.

...

I was sitting in biology tuning out the teacher and whispers of students. The principal walks in. That's my cue to look down at my feet while he joins in on a brief lecture, but I was wrong. A boy who was literal perfection sat across from me. He was pretty tall and wore glasses. He smiled at me and started pulling out a binder and notebooks.

"Hi, I'm River," he said pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose.

"Ellie," I said trying not to seem too interested. He had an intense stare. I looked down and could still feel his big blue eyes looking through me. What I didn't realize was that the whole class was staring at us. I could hear soft giggles and talk of us dating. I looked back up at River. His face was bright red. He looked down and had a sharp stare at his papers. I slipped my hood on my head and prayed this class would end soon.

...

I sat at lunch by myself. It wasn't uncommon for that to happen. Occasionally my friend, Diana, will show up to school and sit by me at lunch. She only shows up twice a month. People used to stare at me and laugh, but just like me they got used to it.

River strolled over and sat across from me. He was so confident. Why did he even want to be seen with me after what happened? I put my hood back on. He tilted his head a little.

"Why did you put your hood on?" He asked poking at his lunch.

It took me a minute before I muttered, "It makes me feel invisible."

"Oh," he whispered. I knew he wasn't expecting that, "Want me to leave you alone?"

"No it's not you I don't want them seeing me," I said gesturing towards the people behind us. He stayed silent. He didn't know what to say. He stared looking at my nails which were painting a dark gray.

"I'm sorry about what happened earlier in biology," he said quickly.

"It's not your fault they're assholes," I responded quickly. He chuckled.

"Do you want to try this introduction thing again?" He asked and smirked.

"Sure," I laughed, "My name is Eloise May Tegger. You can call me Ellie."

He flashed a cheeky smile and said, "I'm River Jude Phoenix, you can call me River."

We talked for a while before two cheerleaders walked up. They were in uniform and had their hair up in neat little ponytails and huge bows. I forgot there was a pep rally today.

"Hi, River!" One of them said, "I'm Mandy and this is Carly! We're a part of the welcoming committee! When you're through with your lunch come to our table and we'll give you a tour of the school then take you to the pep rally!"

River looked at me and I discreetly shook my head. He smiled at me then said to the girls, "I'm sorry, but I was already given a tour. I'm sure I'll see you at the pep rally though."

Mandy and Carly had a dazed look on their face. Then they looked at me with a death glare.

"Okay! Have a good day!" Carly said before locking arms with Mandy and walking back to the cheerleader table.

"Their tour is bullshit, meet me at the pep rally under the bleachers and I'll really show you the school."

He laughed and agreed to meet me.

___

Hey guys!

I'm really gonna try and work hard on this fanfic so get ready!

My plan is to post a chapter every Friday!

It would mean the world to me if you could support me!