Chapter 1

Jo-Vaughn Virginie Scott

Brooke. The most beautiful girl to walk the face of this earth. I love her so much but she doesn't know that. Her best friend Abril does though. She's not 'metaling' but she doesn't want me to go ahead & tell her. I want her to be apart of my life & this rap shit too if that takes off. She has great music taste & a beautiful smile. I always low-key stunted when she was around.

I never let anybody touch my hair but her & my Momma. Her touch is so gentle & she isn't afraid to be herself.
She takes my photoshots & videos. She so smart & sexy.

I don't care about this boy she's supposed to be dating. Something is telling me he ain't good but she seems pretty happy. Maybe because I'm jealous.

I grabed my skateboard & my phone and made my way down the hallway.
"I'll be back Ma" I said grabbing my jacket & kissed her forehead.

"Be careful" she said as I closed the door. I put my hood on & walked outside.

I skated down the side walk untill I heard the laughter get closer. "Joey!" they yelled. "Wassup" I said giving Jamal & CJ dap while I hugged Jordan & Abril.

"Where's Brooke?" I ask looking at Abril. "With that Cameron dude" she answered and disgust. I heard crying & sreams causing all our heads to turn.

"Stop that hurts!" she pushed him.
He mumbled something before turning around & walking the other way.

"Aye what's your problem!" CJ yelled as Jamal held him from stuffing him.
I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked down to see Abril nod back.

I looked over to see Brooke walking away. I ran over to her. "Hey Brooke" I said grabbing her hand. "I'm sorry Joey" she looked up "you shouldn't have seen that" she quickly wipped her face with her sleeve.

"No that's okay. I just wish you understood" I looked down. "Understood what?" she looked over at me.

Shit.

"I wish you understood that I- I love you." I looked over to her. "I understand you want to make me fell better Joey, but you don't have to lie to me" she weakly smiled.

"I'm serious. You're beautiful & I want you in my life & this rap shit too. I want a wife & kids so I won't have to live my life like this" I pulled her in close.

She laughed and looked down "Your rhyming again Joey" she smiled. "Damn my fault" I laughed as we continued walking untill we reached my house.

My Mom had left because she had two part time jobs. I looked at the door to see a note from the landlord. Rent is due next week. I grabbed it quick so Brooke won't see.

I silently cursed myself as I opened the door. We walked over to my bed & took a set. "I wonder if that we live in is real & what we see with drugs when we're high is what the world really is" she said reaching up under the bed for my shoe box of weed.

"ARE YOU CRAZY!" I took the box out of her hands. "I need a blunt" she laughed. "You trying to get me killed" I put the box back away & in that motion our eyes connected.

Those beautiful brown eyes looking back at me. I couldn't help myself I kissed her. I know I shouldn't have messed with a girl with a man but I couldn't help it y'all know what happened.

Brooke Kionei Andrews

Joey started to walk me home once he realized what time it was. I did love him. I was just to shy to say it. He was so sexy & handsome, but his smile was the icing on that big chocolate cake.

"Oh! I wanted to ask you something" he smiled as he took his hand from around me shoulder. "Wassup?" I said as we turned the corner. "I want to ask if you would b-"

Cameron came around the truck with a pistol. It was like the world was in slow motion. He aimed at Joey and he went down aiming at his lower body to make him fall.

"STOP!" I screamed. I couldn't imagine life with Joey. He let him go & two cops came around the corner. Cameron let go of the trigger & instead of hitting Joey. It hit me in the side of my hip. I looked at Joey & could see the hurt in his eyes.

"Go!" I mouthed to him before. I coughed up blood. He was stiff as a board untill we heard a second gun shot go off. Boom. Cameron fell to the ground. He gave me on good look & ran. I felt the world around me black out as I grasped the fence as I fell.

Jo-Vaughn Virginie Scott

What am I going to do I asked myself in my mind. Brooke is the only other thing that keeps me happy other than my music & family.

I walked back to the coner to see people crowded around their bodies.
I accidentally made eye contact with the cop soI ran down the street.

They had me surrounded. I can't go to jail. I turned around & tried to run but the world around me turned black.