ten - lilac

There is one good thing about Jamie becoming whole- I finally have someone besides my mom to talk about colors. For the next week after Mitchell and Jamie find each other, Jamie and I talk non-stop about how beautiful colors are. Jamie is more than excited to tell me about the first coloured sunset she saw and how beautiful it was. Mitchell and here had gone out to some lake outside of town and watched it together, she had told me. She had also told me now she understood what the big hype of soulmates are, and how she honestly feels complete.

It depresses me.

I do everything in my power not to let her know, though. She was there for me throughout everything that had happened with Jericho, including the three months where I was a total bitch to everyone around me. The least I can do is be happy for her during this amazing moment in her life. Besides, if I ever feel like her happiness and my jealousy are getting too much for me, I can always get Mitchell to take her away, as bad as it sounds.

The downside to spending less time with Jamie is that it usually results to spending more time with Jericho. Like now; it's lunchtime, Mitchell and Jamie are out somewhere together while Cole is in the library studying. I would've gone with him if it wasn't for the fact that finals were beginning to approach so the library was way too full for people to just come around and hang out.

So, of course, I'm left in a table alone with Jericho. I'm pick bits of bread off my meatball sub, not feeling too hungry. Jericho is absentmindedly eating some ravioli, though his mind looks in a completely different place. He looks exhausted as usual. I actually find that a little concerning- how can he always look like he's pulling all-nighters? I shake the thought out of my head- I shouldn't feel concern for him.

I sigh, pushing aside my tray and reaching in my backpack for my notebook. We have more chemistry homework- note taking, as usual- that I really don't want to do at home. The library isn't a great option either, considering how crowded it is. I take out my pencil case, pulling out my coloured pens. Ever since I've been able to see color, I've grown this weird obsession with color coding my notes. Other people may just see it as shades of grey, but it makes me happy, so whatever.

I notice Jericho watching me with curiosity, for once no cold look in his eyes. I look up, meeting his amber eyes with a raised eyebrow. For no reason, he takes my pencil case, looking through it. I shrug, not even bothering to yell at him or question him. I just take the pink pen I managed to pull out and begin to make my titles and subtitles.

Once I'm done, I ask Jericho (since he still has my pencil case), "Can you pass me the green pen?"

Jericho looks startled at my question. He swallows roughly, repeating, "Green pen?"

"Yeah," I answer slowly, "Green pen."

Jericho looks uncomfortable. "Why?"

I give him a weird look, confused as to why he's asking me so many questions. "I'm color coding my notes. It should be somewhere in the top."

Blinking, Jericho looks through the pens slowly, pulling out a purple one and handing it to me with a pained expression. I raise an eyebrow, though my heart is beating quicker than before. "Can you not see colors?" I ask him, afraid of the answer.

"No, I can!" Jericho quickly defends.

"Then why'd you hand me a purple pen?"

Jericho sighs heavily, looking upset. Though I shouldn't, I feel guilty for upsetting him. Stupid soulmate bond, making me feel things I shouldn't! Jericho puts the pen back while chewing on the inside of his cheek. Finally, he admits, "I can see colors, I just don't know the names of them."