One

C h a p t e r : 1

I woke up to something heavy drop onto my body. Groaning, I pushed the object off of me and turned my lamp on. "Fiwst day of schwool," Dani said and smiled cheekily. "Did you have to wake me up like that?" I asked, cracking a small smile. "Yes. Kawtee towd me to." Dani giggled.

"Oh did she? Well I guess we'll have to do something about it." I smiled mischievously, Dani cocking his head in confusion. I leaned in and whispered in his ears. Dani nodded and giggled nonstop.

---

"Aaah!" A feminine scream filled the air. "Dani!" The voice growled. "Run!" Dani squeaked as he ran down the hall and hid behind my leg, gripping my sweatpants tightly in his small fists. Seconds later, a blonde, teen with shoulder- length hair and emerald- green eyes stalked towards us.

"Katee!" Dani shouted between giggles, all while Katee nearly tickled him to death.

"Alright, alright, you two. Let's get some grub. I'm starving." I said, rubbing my belly while it growls in response. "Okay, drama queen." Katee teased.

We all walked downstairs and grabbed whatever we found. I quickly ate my banana and grabbed my blue-green backpack and slung it over my shoulder. "See you monkeys later!" I yelled over my shoulder and walked out of the door, slamming it shut behind me.

Let's go to school.

---

Once I got out of my car, I looked at my appearance in the sideview mirror; long brunette hair to my waist, gray sweatpants, a plain black tee, and white converse. Good enough. I'm only going to school anyway. Nowhere special.

I walked to my locker and snatched my math and social studies books. After shutting my locker, I scurried off to my first class; social studies. The bell rung just as I stepped into the room.

"Just on time, Miss Brooks." Mrs. Frae greeted. I gave a small smile and sat at a desk in the far corner near the window. I took out my book and started writing notes.

---

After math, I stuffed my books into my locker and joined the wave of students for lunch.

I sat on my usual table and read "The Grimm Legacy".

A normal school day. I sighed and turned the page of my book.

***

First chapter! Whoo!

What do you guys think so far?

~Tina