Chapter 4- [Boys around the world]

"What's wrong, did something happen today Eva-I mean Evan?" Mom asked when I closed the front door behind me.

She was sitting in the living room adjacent to the front door, her hand on the remote control. I looked at the plasma television and found that she was scrolling through Netflix. Probably about to watch her favorite series, and I was not in the mood to join her.

"Not really, I helped out Madison with her crush and had an awkward talk with Tyler...I honestly don't know how I'm going to meet up with him tonight for the movie..." I let out a tired sigh and started to make my way to the kitchen to drown myself in junk food.

"Why don't you just go and tell him you will replace Eva?" Mom asked spinning the control with her hand.

"It's not the same if he doesn't see the real me," I shook my head and proceeded to add the contents of food into my arms. Only food understands me these days, they don't judge.

"Sweetheart...does that mean you cancelled the date with Tyler?"

I frowned and turned my head swiftly to face her, "Of course not!"

She gave me a bewildered expression that shifted into a keen smirk, "Ooh, so you are going to go as you are."

I tightened my lips and looked away, because I was just thinking of going and stalking him and accidentally bumping into him and joining him.

Then while in the mist of the dark theater our hands brush against each other. We turn to look at each other, and forget about the groans of zombies getting their mangled bodies smashed in the background.

Tyler looks up at me with dazzling eyes, his face blushing as my hand cups his face. "W-we can't here...there are people around..."

"Shh, my little kitten you don't need to worry," I whisper as I lean in and kiss his--

"Eva? Your face is turning red are you thinking about something naughty?" Mom raised her eyebrow in suspicion, and I laughed nervously bringing my hand to the back of my head and running my fingers through my short hair.

For some reason my heart was beating so fast that my surroundings began to shrivel up and dissappear. My feet felt weak and light, I felt like I was so tired that my body was shutting down on me.

What is happening to me?

-♂-

He looked around the new town and deepened the frown forming at each step he took. His father had assigned him to get the groceries for dinner, but he didn't know the way around this maze.

"Not even my phone can tell me where to go," he clicked his tongue in annoyance as the screen crackled and changed route.

He stared at the screen and narrowed his emerald eyes, it was creepy that it was telling him to go into a dark path. It was so suspicious that it intrigued him even if he thought it was ludacris.

"What kind of store is located inside an alley anyways?" He questioned aloud making his way deeper into the darkness.

It was just bright a few seconds ago, now it's freaking dark...

Nonetheless he continued and was surprised that there was a store in the end of the alleyway. It was covered by mist and held a sign that said, "The Morose Shop."

Might as well explore it, he thought casually as he went to the entrance to open the door.

But before his fingers grazed the golden handle, the door opened and creaked eerily. From inside he saw the flicker of a red flame, accompanied by a number of more illuminating the wooden shelfs and floor.

"And this is my cue to get the fuck out of here," he turned swiftly and was about to walk away from the strange store when something held him back from the hem of his jacket.

"What the--" he paused and his eyes widened at the sight of the old man in orange robes.

"You have come to the right place, my shop holds what you are looking for young man," the bald man gestured toward his shop with a small grin.

[10 minutes later]

"Why did I even buy this again?" He repeated in confusion, holding a small pink flask with small letters on the surface that read, "Sex appeal."

The old man had practically forced him to buy the odd flask without mercy, it's not like he needs sex appeal. So why did he have to buy it?

Wait...a minute...

Was this an indirect way of telling me that I'm not appealing to the eyes??

He closed his eyes and held his head as he thought about it, wondering if it was true. Beauty isn't everything, and he shouldn't have a problem with it.

But...

"Ah, what the hell might as well drink it. It cost a lot too so it must taste good," he shrugged and opened the pink glass flask. He parted his lips and drank the weird liquid, that left the taste of strawberry and lemon in his tastebuds. "Well...I'm never trying that brand of soft drink."

He brought the flask up and examined the ingredients but it only contained the name of the drink. "Weird."

There was a burning sensation in his throat and he gritted his teeth, his legs gave under him and he landed on his palms and knees. He coughed violently, feeling an unbearable itch consuming his skin.

"W-what is going on with me?!" His scream was unfamiliar to his ringing ears, he shook violently and his eyesight began to shift.

The pain began to sting, as if needles were being injected into his skin, rendering him from moving. His voice dyed out and he whimpered before falling face first into the concrete floor.

.

.

.

"Are you alright Miss?" He heard a man question softly, a hand coming down and touching his forehead.

His eyes fluttered opened in shock, and he sat up. Why was he being called Miss?

He took in the man's appearance and smiled at the officer kneeled down to help him. It was completely dark and he could see the distant lights before him. It was already night...what happened to him?

"What's your name? And can you remember what happened to you little lady?" The officer asked in worry as he stood up and held out his hand.

Little lady...?

"My name is Adrien...wait why do you keep addressing me as a girl..." Adrien's voice fell silent, and he realized that his voice had changed. It was sweet and gentle, and it sounded weird with the tone he used.

I sound like a girl...

A strand of long strawberry blonde hair invaded his vision and he grabbed it, pulling on it slightly. He felt the sensation, and concluded it was his own hair.

He swallowed nervously and grabbed his phone turning it on and putting it into camera mode. Adrien found a girl blinking back at him with alarm in her big orbs.

His finger came up and pinched the smooth skin harshly, feeling the pain made him even more aware that he was indeed the same girl his phone was projecting.

"What happened to me?"