Chapter One

From any onlooker I probably looked like crazy woman. Arm extended, hand wavering over his door. My brown eyes were wild and panicked. Dark hair disheveled, while odds and ends stood up in all directions .I stood in the hall seemingly having the biggest mental battle over boyfriend problems. Your so pathetic I hissed to myself. My mind reeled back to our most recent fight. It was probably the worst one we had. I remember the screaming and the tears. But what stood out the most was when his fist flew down on my jaw.

James was a ticking time bomb. And the bruise on my jaw was enough to prove it. In the beginning he had seemed so perfect, so kind hearted. Then life happened and the fights began. He told me in the end that he would stop seeing her. But I couldn't handle the gut wrenching memory of catching him. I still had a faint reminder of my unstableness at the time. I glanced down at my pale arms. They were nearly completely faded. But I could still see the faint pink lines.My pain, my hurt, my heartache all in scattered fading scars.

I took a deep breath blinking my eyes rapidly to hold back the tears. Listen it's time to end this Lena. You have to end it once and for all my mental voice coached. Ok, you can do this I breathed out. I held my hand out and knocked on the door. My anticipation for a response was killing me. Several scenarios played through my head on how this would end.

A sudden high pitched squeal snapped me out of my thoughts. My breath caught in my throat when she opened his door. She looked the same as the last time I saw her. Long thin legs, petite waste and her fake blonde hair. The moment she saw me her fake smile dropped. "Umm he's not home." She tried. "Don't even try that." I ground out.

I ripped past her into the apartment. I felt sick as I looked around. The living room was trashed. Beer bottles were lazily thrown on the couch. A hazy smoke set low in the room and smelled of weed. On the table I caught a glimpse a white powder that I was nearly certain wasn't flour. And then I saw the monster himself. He strode down the hallway, stumbling every now and then. He had on no shirt showing off he muscly build. Black sweat pants hung low on his hips. His eyes were bloodshot and he reeked of alcohol. Then he noticed me.

He stopped dead in his tracks. His mouth moved to speak but no words came out. I was seething. He doesn't even have the audacity to talk to you
I screamed to myself mentally. James opened up his mouth to try and speak again, but I cut him to it. "How could you!! I can't believe you did this you lying prick!!" I screeched. He looked at me eyes pleading mercy when he spoke. "I'm sorry I'm so so sorry please just listen to me." I was so angry that red clouded my vision and I felt my nostrils flare. "Listen to a lying cheating idiot. That's what I want to do huh? Let me guess your going to go I'm sorry and apologize." I yelled.

"Sorry isn't cutting it James!" I could see the frustration growing in his features. "Lena would you just listen" He demanded his tone beginning to change. "I will never listen to you! Ever I hate you!"I shrieked as tears stained my face. James twitched as his body filled with anger.I had set him off. "SHUT UP LENA!! SHUT THE HELL UP!!" He bellowed.I was so sick as tired of him telling me what to do.

So I went off to. I strode up to James and gave him the nastiest glare I could send. Then I decked him in the jaw. "And now we are even." I said. I whipped my body around and walked to the door. But before I could reach I was ripped back and thrown into the wall. James stalked over to me. His hands we're curled into tight fists and his body was smothered in cold blooded rage. "Your going to regret that sweetheart." He said his voice sinister.

And I did. I felt every bone in my body pushing into the wall trying to get as far away from him as possible. But James wasn't having it. I felt a searing pain shoot through my jaw while my head was thrown back into the wall. My body crumpled to the floor. James moved quickly, beginning to kick my stomach and sides knocking the wind out of me. I coughed and whimpered twitching around trying to find an escape. He grabbed me by the collar of my shirt and ripped me off the ground slamming me into the wall again. I felt something warm drip down my face.

James then grabbed my hair making me cry out in pain. A small smirk appeared on his face as he looked
at my state. He punched my stomach several times making me gasp for air. The last of his torment was punch to the face, which had so much force it knocked me on the ground.

I looked up at the ceiling as James leaned himself into my view. A cruel smile made its way on his face. His image began to blur and small black dots began to dance in my vision.
I felt my body slowly begin to grow numb and almost weightless. No longer able to put up a fight I allowed the darkness to wrap itself around me. And soon I was enveloped into a world of dark dreamless silence.

Hey nonexistent readers👋 So this is my first wattpad story and I would love to hear so feedback. Things escalated quick 😮 but just let me know. Btw picture was of Lena which I'm sure you could tell but for all u stupid ppl there you go.!😊