Chapter 3

I took a step through red cracked door and slowly urged my way down the couple of steps. It was as if the step were homes to thousands of creatures and insects huddling from the storm approaching. Uncle Richard thought I got on the bus and went to school. I didn't go to school. It was just a trap. People like me looked at it differently. It wasn't lie I payed attention all I could think about was the eyes staring me as I slouched in my seat. The teacher constantly yelling "take your hood off, rude." I didn't want to be trapped in that prison. Nobody talked to me they just stared. It was like I was a naked monkey trapped in a cage at the zoo, but I was in the cheetah cage. All of the visitors of the zoo just stared at the monkey wondering why is it here. Why is it so different. I didn't like getting stared so I left. Know body knew or cared that I left, not even the teachers. I soon became invisible to the whole world except uncle Richard. I walked down the sidewalk, stumbling over the cracks from the past years. I walked through the town of Lolemsville passing abandoned shops and houses. Lolemsville sounded like such a lonely town and it is. The population was 56. The population was technically 58, but nobody knew we existed in the town anymore. They thought we left because we never went to the town events or school or participated in anything. So technically, not surprising me, no one knew we still existed because I was invisible.