New Girl

August 14

The door bell rang. "Mom! They're here!" I yelled. I ran down stairs and let my friends inside. "Come on in!" I exclaimed. Cadence, Arielle, and Alex came inside.

I ran in the kitchen and grabbed my waffles out of the toaster. I don't know how long they've been sitting there, but they were still good.

My mom came down stairs and gave me a kiss. I grabbed my backpack and started walking to school.
*************************************
The bell rung. Great. Cadence, Alex, and Arielle aren't in my class. I lined up with my class in the back of the line. No one noticed me.
*************************************
When we went inside, kids started to notice me. My face went cherry red when the teacher told me to stand up and introduce myself. 'Yay' I said sarcastically in my mind.

"Hi. I'm Emily. I moved to Vegas from Reno last month." When there was an awkward silence, I sat down.

People laughed and pointed. I wanted to cry. A girl named Victoria came my way during break. "Welcome to the school, new girl." She smirked and walked away, laughing with her group of friends.

I walked over to a tree outside and sat down. I read my book and looked around. 'I hate it here.'
*************************************
When break was over, I walked back inside. "Ew! It's the new girl!" "It's New Girltopia!" I walked through the halls. Alone.

I ran to the bathroom and cried. I thought of my friends. I thought of my school and the cheer squad. "I wanna go home. I wanna go home." I whimpered and curled up in a ball. I rocked myself back and forth.

I stood straight up when I heard someone come in. I rushed to the sink and looked in the mirror. My eyes were puffy, mascara was dripping down my face, and my hair was sticking to my face.

"Emily?" Cadence said. I turned around and cried in her arms. "Everything's going to be okay." Cadence said.

Thank gawd for Cadence.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Real life- words hurt. It may not seem like a strong word, but people could take it the wrong way. If you're against bullying, make a change. Stand up for people. Make bullying STOP✋

Comment and vote😘