Fat

••••••••••• Based on a True Story••••••••

January 20

"I'm so excited for P.E!" Jenna exclaimed. I nodded. Today for P.E, we're going to play kickball basketball. That's Jenna's favorite! Mine too.

"Okay everyone! It's going to be boys against girls!" The teacher announced. I was actually happy. Now I'm with Jenna! Yay!

We all lined up. I was 3rd in line. Jenna was in front of me. When it was her turn, I wished her luck. She kicked the ball all the way to the field! She ran like the wind.

I was clapping and cheering, but then I stopped when I heard the other girls cheering too.

"Look! It's the fat girl running faster than you!"

"Ew!"

"She's so fat"

"I can't even believe how fast she's running!"

All my life, Jenna and I have both ignored it. But this time, I just broke. I started yelling at the top of my lungs.

"Never talk about my friend like that. I can't even believe you just said that! We all come in different shapes and sizes. If you talk about my best friend like that ever again, you will be sorry."

The girls laughed and smirked. I started crying. No one should ever talk about someone so beautiful like that. It doesn't matter how beautiful you are on the outside, it matters what is beautiful on the inside.

I ran inside and Jenna followed. I told her what happened. She didn't seem like it was bothering her, but it was. Her face expression went dull. I knew it was killing her inside. I gave her a hug and felt a tear drop on my shoulder.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Real life- okay. Words seriously do hurt. If you guys feel insecure, I want you to remember this. You are all beautiful on the inside and out. Don't ever let ANYONE tell you that you can't do something. Or you aren't pretty enough.

If anybody says that to you, they're just jealous. Most of you, I've never met. But I know that we are all unique and weird in our own way. Don't ever let anyone take that self confidence away.

You are beautiful. And don't ever forget it.

Comment and vote! 😘