[6] Welcome

Welcome

«»«»«»«»
A U B R E Y
«»«»«»«»

About twenty minutes passed zooming down empty streets with my arms snug around Luca's waist. Eventually, we approached a wall with a glaring yellow Dead End sign. Luca was headed straight for it, throttling the bike and effectively increasing our speed. I flinched slightly as we sped toward the concrete.

       The dead-end sign was merely a veil that revealed more open road after we drove straight through it. Most packs—including my own—utilized witch magic to conceal their territories from wandering humans, but it was still hard to untrain my brain from reacting to what appeared to be impending doom.

       We sped through the straight road for another ten minutes before we slowly pulled into the driveway of a jasper-green, single-story house. Luca turned off the engine before kicking the clutch back down to secure the bike. The pat on my leg signaled me to hop off, and I did so clumsily as Luca followed suit. I took off Luca's helmet before fluffing out my hair to rid myself of the helmet hair.

I tucked the helmet under my left arm and continued to ruffle my hair with my right before I finally looked up to meet Luca's gaze—which was currently wracking up and down my body.

"What?" I placed a hand on my hip.

Luca chuckled before his lips settled into a smirk. "Nothing," he shrugged, "It's just a girl as pretty as you definitely belongs on a bike." He continued to check me out shamelessly, which was laughable considering I was only wearing a two-day-old hoodie and leggings.

I raised a brow as I approached him. "Oh, really?" My lips quirked. I shoved his helmet into his chest, causing him to grunt from the impact. "You should get me one then," I smirked.

Luca's hands slid over mine gently as he took back his helmet, and I desperately ignored the tingly feeling that caressed my fingers. "Trust me—I'm already on it."

"Oh?" I raised a brow. I was only half kidding—Goddess only knows how long I've been begging for one—but I knew this was no more than some playful teasing that I had no problem entertaining.

"Well, you better put your money where your mouth is, cariño," I whispered tauntingly as I leaned in closer. I watched as even in the dead of night, Luca eyes tinted as he grabbed my waist, pulling me deeper into his chest.

"I'll have a bike with your name on it in the lot by the end of the week." Luca breathed out in a trance as he lowered his face to mine, my 5'8 stature still no match for his 6'4 frame.

"Hm," I snorted, pretending to be unaffected by both the offer and the proximity of our lips. "Seems like you're just trying to get in my pants with shiny gifts." I wanted to test the validity of my statement, but in doing so I knew I was playing with fire—a fire I could see blazing in my mate's eyes.

"I don't need gifts to get you in bed, Aubrey." His lips brushed against my own and his hand tightened against my lower back, causing a shiver to ripple where his hand lay. "I can get you there willingly without any coercion."

"Willingly?" I breathed out. Luca's confidence never ceased to amaze me.

I felt his smirk against my lips and gasped when his teeth nicked at my lower one. "I mean that's how I got you here in the first place, isn't it?" Luca leaned over to my ear and nicked the flesh there as well. "Willingly?"