Confession Rehearsal--Another Story

"Sorry, I know this is sudden but please listen... I've been in love with you to hide it away any longer!" When those words resonated on my ears, my heart pounded loudly, so loud that you might hear it as well... Can you please lend an ear?

Confession Rehearsal-- Another Story [Curt Ver.]

curt_lassie

She's standing in front of me, smiling as the wind that came from the open window ruffles our hair. On her hazel eyes, the orange setting sunlight reflected. And here I am, staring at her beautiful face, trying to calm down my beating wildly heart.

All of a sudden, her face flushed as she tried to suppress her laughter. "Pff-hahahaha!" Unable to hold it in any longer, she laughed as hard as she could. "Look at your face! It's so red! Did you think I was for real? No way!" She gave me a smug smile as she walked around me. "Was it cute? What do you think of my confession rehearsal?" C-confession rehearsal...? "Rie?"

"What the--" Because I hated myself so much for believing her, I turned from her then stormed out of the room. With this heart pounding so loud, all I want is to escape and prevent her from hearing it. Every single day, this girl kept on bugging me with her so-called confession lines and every single moment she does this, I always thought that it was for real.

Rience Abella, aren't you used to this and every time you think she's truly confessing to you?

I walked on a faster pace, trying to escape her.

"Rie, please don't get mad at me! It's just a practice!" The girl, who played with my feelings, shouted while trying to catch up with me. "Geez, lighten up a bit!"

Hmm? Wondering who that girl is? It is Gertrude Chavez—my classmate since primary to high school. The girl that will never stop bugging me until I listen to her silly stories about her 'crush'... and the worse thing is... I have feelings for her too.

What a classic setting.

My story is just like any other stories. A timid guy fell in love with a young girl. He let countless chances and opportunities slip because he's afraid that if he confessed, everything will be detrimental... everything will break.

"Rie!" I stopped walking and turned to her. She's puffing her cheeks while looking at me, filled with guilt. "Please forgive me! Come on... please?"

With that apologetic voice of her, anybody will definitely forgive me... especially me. With all my might, I faked a smile. "Okay, you're forgiven. J-just don't do it again." She smiled at me too then clung onto my arm as we walked back to our room. With few yet right words, everything went on its proper place.

Because of this stupid fear of destroying everything, for almost 10 years I kept all of my feelings for her hidden. I'm afraid that when she finds out that I have feelings for her, she'll be angry or get intimidated, just like my other classmate that confessed to her. She meant so much to me and I can't take it if one day, she'll treat me as a stranger... that's worse than being friend-zoned, right?

"He's so hot! Then so sweet!" Once again, she started talking about her crush and I pretended to listen to her while walking. All these years, I've been swallowing my pride as I listen and give fake smiles. If I had one special talent, that would be hiding real feeling... to the point that even myself believes to my own lies. On the other hand, one should compliment me for listening to those painful stories. I'm such a strong person... or just plain numb.... I don't know.

"Rie, do you think he'll like that latest line I said?" She asked as soon as we found our respected seats. My seat was just near the window while hers was beside me.