Wrath

His death hit you harder than any other's death in your whole life. Dean Winchester's death made your father's death, your mother's death, and your best friend's death as if it never happened. After his death, you had no idea what to do at all. You looked towards Sam, but he was just as messed up as you, same as Bobby, so you had to leave. He wouldn't want you to mope all day, he wouldn't want you to mourn forever. He'd want you to get out there, continue hunting things, saving people, continue running the family business.

And, so, that's what you did. You ditched everything, not saying goodbye to neither Sam nor Bobby, ditching all your mobile phones and gaining new ones, new numbers, new part-time partners. You only ever work on your own, only taking help from somebody that the  Winchesters don't know, warning them that if they even think about saying anything to Bobby - since everybody knows Bobby - that they wouldn't live to tell the tale. At first, nobody believed your threats, but as the months progressed, you became more threatening, more skilled with fighting, using weapons. You became more lethal than you have ever had been being around Dean and Sam and Bobby. By now, you'd make Sam and Bobby look like amateurs.

Everybody went to you, promising not to tell Sam nor Bobby about where you are, not even giving hints to them that they know you exist. People still go to Bobby for tips, since you're not the genius, just the fighter, but they seek you out if they know for a fact they can't handle it.

You've met two people you trust well enough to keep them around for longer than you normally do for others, one male, one female, brother and sister, Kyle and Juliet Fitzgerald. They got into the hunting business when both their parents died from a demon, almost always the same supernatural creature being the reason why people are in the hunting business.

Both of them know not to mention the Winchesters and Bobby, seeing as they're like family to you and you left them behind without so much as a message of your departing, or even a message telling them you're still alive and didn't do anything stupid, something you promised Dean.

But, as you were sitting outside the shabby motel room you purchased for yourself - Kyle and Juliet sharing a room like they always did before meeting you - somewhere in the middle of Pennsylvania, looking up at the stars with an unopened bottle of beer in your hand, Juliet walked outside her room to find you sitting on the ground.

"Hey," she said, her voice hushed. She walked closer to you, sitting on the ground next to you and pulling her legs to her chest. The whole time, you never tore your eyes from the night sky. "Are you okay?"

You only ever told your thoughts to Dean, since he's the one you always trusted with your darkest secrets, knowing that he wouldn't tell a living soul because he loved you too much to betray you like that, but you couldn't help it. "It's September second," you whispered back. "Today officially marks the four month anniversary of his death."

Juliet was quiet. You were always a mystery to her, never an open book since you learned to close yourself off when Dean died, just like you learned your new set of skills, but seeing you this broken, this... damaged, you were letting her see a page of your secret book. "I'm here for you, Y/N," she said, breaking the silence and you looked at her, your eyes red and glistening with unshed tears.

You smiled, a warm pit in your stomach at her words. It felt good to hear somebody say that. "Thank you," you said, setting the beer on the ground and moving closer to her, setting your head on her shoulder.

---

You woke up in the uncomfortable bed, the sound of knocks hammering on your door pulling you out of your dreamless slumber. You ran your hands over your face as you kicked the covers off you, standing up and moving towards the door, opening it to come face to face with Juliet and Kyle.