Don't Ever Leave Me Again

You couldn't keep your eyes off the man sitting across from you in Bobby's home - a place you haven't been in in months. It felt nice being back, like it's your home just as much as it is Bobby's, and you missed it, but not as much as you missed Dean.

He was too busy paying attention to whatever Bobby was saying to notice you staring at him like he were a God, and, to you, he was. He calmly asked you how he was here, which you calmly replied that you had no idea, but that didn't stop him from asking you constantly.

"Did you do it?" he asked as you closed the hotel door behind him after finally managing to pull away from the hug you very much needed.

"Do what?" you returned, walking towards the couch where Sam and Bobby sat down.

You turned and looked at Dean, who was giving you a you know what I'm talking about look. And, to be honest, you didn't even try making a deal with any crossroads demon. You made a promise and you keep your promises until the day you die.

"I didn't even think about making any deals," you stated. "I made you a promise and I stuck to it."

It took a lot of convincing - you're more likely to risk your life for Dean even if it meant taking your own - but you finally got him to believe you. And now, a few days after Dean's arrival, you're trying to figure out how he's back from hell and not a demon, shifter, or any other thing that could look like him.

"I know someone who could find a way to see who brought you back," Bobby said, pulling you back to reality, but your eyes still lingering on the man that's supposed to be dead.

"Who?" Dean asked.

"Her name is Pamela," Bobby said as he stood back up and grabbed his car keys. "Follow me and I'll take you there."

Bobby and Sam made their way out of the room, Dean following but stopping when he noticed you not moving. He looked at Bobby and Sam, then back at you, taking a few steps to stand in front of you, taking your hand into his. You couldn't stop the single tear escaping your eye.

"This can't be real," you whispered weakly, refusing to look him in the eye. "You're dead. I haven't seen Bobby and Sam in months. Dean, I miss you so much and-and I can't do this anymore. I promised you I wouldn't do anything stupid, so I put my whole life into hunting. I never gave myself a day off. I never stopped hunting things down. I'd stitch myself up with dental floss and a sewing needle if it was bad enough. I rarely sleep, used my time when I'm supposed to be asleep for researching and the rest hunting. I barely eat anything. I am completely gone and now I'm seeing things." You let out a small sarcastic laugh. "I'm going crazy. It's about damn time."

"No, no, no," Dean whispered, removing his hand from yours so he could grab your face with both of his hands. "You're not going crazy, Y/N. I'm really here, I promise. I love you so much and I'm so proud of you for keeping your promise."

"I didn't know what to do." Tears were making their way down your face quicker and you completely lost yourself. All the months you kept yourself together, you finally completely broke down. "I tried so many times to keep fighting. I even got this stupid tattoo because the pain was more bearable than losing your and I-I can't, Dean."

He wrapped his arms around you, you resting your head against chest, listening to the heartbeat inside his chest - steady, real. "I like the tattoo," he said soothingly, resting his chin on top of your head. "It's less stupid than what you could have done."

You laughed a little through the tears and wrapped your arms around him, pulling him closer as tight as you could.

You pulled away from him far enough to look up at him, his emerald eyes sparkling with unshed tears. That was the Dean you missed the most, the one where he wasn't acting tough or the shoot first, ask questions later bravado. No, you missed the loving, expressing Dean, the Dean you fell in love with.

"I missed you so much, too," he whispered as he brought his lips closer to yours. "So damn much." And then he melted into you, his lips so soft on yours. You weaved your hands on the back of his head, tangling your fingers through his hair as your brought him closer, desperately needing this.

He moved his hands down, resting on your hips and you moved backwards until you hit the wall. The thirst for each other, the angst of being too far away for far too long. This is what you wanted to do the second you laid your eyes on him back at the hotel, but Bobby and Sam were there, so it would have been awkward.

You pulled away again, breathing heavily as his lips nicked at your neck, his teeth biting into your skin softly as you heard the impatient honking of Bobby's car. You laughed and pushed him away, smiling at the smile on his face.

"This isn't over," he promised you with an evil, sexy smirk, intertwining your hand into his as he led you to the front door.

"Fine," you said. "Just promise me one thing?"

He stopped walking and looked at you, nodding.

"Don't ever leave me again."