Sad~Lashton

*Luke's POV*

It's been three months and nine days since I proposed to my best friend, the love of my life, and most importantly, my fiancee.

He had curly honey hair, beautiful hazel eyes, and smooth, tan skin.

I loved every single thing about him.

His dimples that shown even when he was with a blank face.

His gorgeous green/brown eyes that reflected every emotion.

His stature that was shorter than mine even though he was 6'2", which he claimed he hated though I knew he loved being the little one.

His laugh that could sound like a school girl or an old man.

His little giggles that were so freaking cute.

And the thing I missed the most was his beautiful heart. He loved everyone and everything.

His name was Ashton Fletcher Irwin.

He hated his middle name too.

Today, is his funeral.

My ashton, if I should call him that, had a rare heart disease that caused him to have to have blood work done every month to check up on it.

His heart could've given out at any point.

And it did.

********************************

There were white wooden chairs set out on a dead green lawn in the center of the cemetery.

The priest was at the front of them and the casket was beside him.

Michael, Calum, and all of our parents, of course including his, were sat in the chairs.

The mothers cried quietly with tissues in hand, wiping at their eyes discretely.

I stood beside the priest and next to the casket also.

"We are gathered here today not to grieve the death, but celebrate the life of Ashton Irwin. Friends, family, we're so glad that you could make it here today to talk about the great achievements of Ashton, such as the.........," the priest went on and on about him until it was my turn to talk.

"Hi mum, dad, mikey, cal, I'm thinking about the words the priest has spoke about the we are gathered here today. When u heard these words, I thought it would be at the altar for our wedding," I started, already with tears threatening to spill.

"I'm not going to act like the last few days of his life were great days because they weren't. They were absolute hell and filled with worry. He had to eat certain things at certain times and take special pills all day," I said. There was no reason to lie.

"Selfish as it seems, I can't, don't, and won't believe that I'll never be able to hold him in my arms again, see his smile again, kiss his lips again, or even look at his face again. I know, I just know that I'll break down crying if-," I cut myself off and burst into tears.

"A-Ashton didn't understand the love I had for him. He'll never understand that I am absolutely, utterly and foolishly in love with him. I will never love again. I will be c omitting adultery and I can't look at another man's face without thinking about Ashton. Anne-Marie," I started turning to her, " your son was, is, and always will be the best damn thing that has ever happened to me. So I thank you, for giving birth to him, and Ash's dad too for, you know," I laughed, trying to ease the mood. But that's all that I can say now, I love you so much Ashton, so much!," I said finally breaking down.

I lay a single red rose in the casket, not daring to look at his face. I returned to my seat and stayed haunted with the sound of him everything about him in my mind.