Prologue

-Prologue-

I'm Victoria Gonzalez. I'm in a agency that keeps people safe. People call us bodyguards but we're not. We're agents. I'm sent out across America to different people to keep them safe. I was called in one morning to the agency. I was laid off for a month because I was shot and sent home. Now I'm better and ready to go again.

I walked into the chief's room. He was typing away on his computer. When he heard me come in, he looked up and smiled. "Ah, Agent Gonzalez! Glad to see you're back."

"Glad to be back, sir." I said with a smile. He motioned for me to sit and I did. "So, a mission came in for you that I think you'd be perfect for." He said. "Come on!" I whined. He laughed at my eagerness and opened a folder.

"There are 10 boys and 1 girl who are in danger. Someone that they knew, they don't know who, took one of them. His name is Cameron Dallas." He said. He slid a picture over his desk for me to look at. The boy had brown hair standing in a quiff. He had brown eyes.

"He looks my age." I commented. "He's 19. All of the information on all of them are in this folder." He said and handed me a folder. I looked through it then put it back down. "So where do I come in all of this?" I asked.

"You need to go live with them and protect them. When it's time, we will send you in to get the boy." He said. "So you need to pack and leave for California in the morning." He finished. I nodded and left.